Discuss Bluetooth ceiling speakers in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
any one have any recommendations? Customer wants them installed in block of flats that I’m doing....I’ve tried persuading them it’s a bit of a waste of money considering what it’s going to cost over 15 flats by the time you include the price of the speaker, fire hood and labour it’s not going to be cheap per unit. Just going to install one speaker per flat in the kitchen/living room. Obviously being flats each speaker needs a unique Bluetooth sync code other wise someone in another flat will be able to sync to a speaker in another flat. Any one had this situation before and what did you use?

Could you not convince the client to have a wired speaker instead so that they can use either their own hi-fi (do people still own these?), or other audio device to connect to it?

Do they have to be bluetooth?
If i was you id wire one or two speaker with good quality speaker cable back to router/switch position and let the buyer install there own network amp. Developer just installing carcus for the set up imo.

Sonos CONNECT Network Player - White - https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/10782411014965167730/image?q=sonos+amplifier&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari&prds=cid:10782411014965167730,sgro:iv,cs:1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjVmdn2vILdAhWLKcAKHdfrCZQQ-K4BCEU

These sonos network amps are very good but not cheap especially to be installing x15.

This may intrest you more though a wall mount bluetooth amplifier ticks all the boxes and lools the part & affordable.
Systemline E50 Bluetooth Music System (No Speakers) - https://www.tech4.co.uk/systemline-e50-in-wall-bluetooth-music-system-inc-ceiling-speakers-2462

any one have any recommendations? Customer wants them installed in block of flats that I’m doing....I’ve tried persuading them it’s a bit of a waste of money considering what it’s going to cost over 15 flats by the time you include the price of the speaker, fire hood and labour it’s not going to be cheap per unit. Just going to install one speaker per flat in the kitchen/living room. Obviously being flats each speaker needs a unique Bluetooth sync code other wise someone in another flat will be able to sync to a speaker in another flat. Any one had this situation before and what did you use?

Sonos is the way to go. Best on the market by far.

The good point about them being run via a router than BT is that phonecalls do not stop music playing.

...they can use either their own hi-fi (do people still own these?),

I do.... It's in the garage and hasn't been used in about 12 years...

you want speakers with codes/pins on otherwise every tom dick and harry will connect to them, I had a neighbour connect to my speaker and first i new was when the rolling stones started playing out of it.! I can connect as of this moment to a couple of bluetooth speakers in my building, its not very secure and a bit of a fad in all honesty.
if you set a pin only the occupier can use it.

Reply to Bluetooth ceiling speakers in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock