Discuss Bluetooth feature on Megger MFT 1553...any good? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

robd

-
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all, Have got the above mentioned multi-function tester, have had it for a year or so but never got round to setting up the bluetooth feature. Is it any good and does it actually save time? Also does anyone know if the software is compatible with the NIC forms?

Thanks,
Rob

I use the bluetooth function and find it very handy due to the fact you take reading and send. The software is compatible with the NICEIC forms.

You don't have to test in a sequence but when you have a reading displayed on the mft you scroll through a selection before sending.

eg. you do an ins res test between N & E and the result is displayed.

Then scroll mft until you see N - E on the display then send, this puts the result into the correct box on cert same for R1 + R2, R2, r1, rn, r2 etc.

No mate it's actually not as complicated as it sounds. I prefer to use it on large jobs as you can get the lap top set up and when finished cert is ready for printing saves sitting for hours typing it up.

aHHHH cool beans!

i use easy cert so probably not required or compatible!

might just got for 1552 as no difference other than bluetooth!?? am i right?

Yep identical except for bluetooth.

Yes you need laptop or pda with you. I normally use the pda as you can stick it in your pocket.

Reply to Bluetooth feature on Megger MFT 1553...any good? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Electrical2Go - Megger MFT Deals! Upgrade your toolkit with our exclusive offer! Purchase any of the Megger advanced multifunction testers –...
Replies
Views
R
Megger MFT1553 On-Site - the one with bluetooth functionality along with the additional Megger On-Site PowerSuite software package for automated...
Replies
Views
rossinator
R
Hey all. Hope everyone is enjoying the Bank Holiday weekend. Weather here is rubbish but hey ho. Anyway, I have a Megger MFT 1553. Brilliant bit...
Replies
Views
D
i have a megger mft and the earth fault none trip function has gone down . does anybody know if this in big job? new tester time? has anybody had...
Replies
Views
robsparky1975
R
B
Hi guys Selling my Megger MFT 1553 its the one with the bluetooth power suite. I've had it less than 12months and only used it a couple of...
Replies
Views
irishsailor
I

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock