Discuss bm500a megger in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
an old navy buddy of mine (visiting relatives in china) sent me an szbj bm500a megger to try out
it didnt cost him much
it has a digital meter and scales from 250 volts to 1000 volts
tested it with 4 different precision resistors and actually got accurate readings of the values.
Id have to do a lot more testing with it and compare values with other devices before i can make a definite opinion on it.
anyway i'll probably pony up and get a good quality megger

an old navy buddy of mine (visiting relatives in china) sent me an szbj bm500a megger to try out
it didnt cost him much
it has a digital meter and scales from 250 volts to 1000 volts
tested it with 4 different precision resistors and actually got accurate readings of the values.
Id have to do a lot more testing with it and compare values with other devices before i can make a definite opinion on it.
anyway i'll probably pony up and get a good quality megger

Quite a lot of the stuff coming out of China these days, can be of a pretty high quality!! I've been continually surprised at the ongoing quality of electrical goods as a whole.

Post a photo of the IR tester, maybe i'll have a look out for it while were out shopping. ...lol!!

Can't say i've seen that particular model on my walkabouts. Check it against a known good IR meter, just depends on the meters % accuracy level (which you say are fine) and digital count etc....

Strange dial on it mind, and no low ohm facility, still what do you to expect for just over $30!!...lol!!

got some much better leads for it and tested the megger on some precision resistors of different values
surprising accurate
also tested it on a couple motors (one known good and one known bad)
spot on !
the megger uses a 9 volt battery and probably will run it down fast
i think i will use it a bit to see how long the battery will last

Reply to bm500a megger in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net