Discuss Board Change, satsifactory report in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

graham123

Hi all, am going to be doing an inspection on a property which the customer wants a satisfactory report. ie no c1's, c2's. First question Bathroom lighting circut has no 30ma rcd protection, so a C2, next problem lighting circut into bathroom has no Cpc. Can i get around this by installing supplementary bonding in the bathroom?. What does no earth in lighting circuts go down as? C1?. I suspect the board my be a rewire able so possibility of a new board, but how can i give them a satisfactory report? my mind boggles. Thanks

The customer dictating how the report will come out? That's a good one. Your report will be what it will be mate, all you can do is code it up and quote for any remedials needed/recommended

Is the bathroom upstairs? You might have some luck in a lighting junction box in the attic finding a CPC in there...

Well no earthing in lighting circuits goes down as a c3 as long as no class 1 (metallic) fixtures are used and a suitable label fixed at the db. IMO if it has no earth and it has an enclosed ip rated fitting, it would not require supplementary bonding either, although I would wait for someone to confirm/diasagree with this, all other bathroom circuits would require 30ma protection or supplementary bonding.
If you fit a new board just fit an rcbo on the lighting, it will still give shock protection.

Can i even put an ip65 fitting in the bathroom tho because that would require an earth connection?

Depending in age of install I'd say both lack of RCD c3 and lack of cpc to lights c3, as long as no class 1 items and circuit is 2 core throughout. I would recommend to my clients RCD protection & lighting circuit rewire would be beneficial. Is bonding satisfatory ?

The customer dictating how the report will come out? That's a good one. Your report will be what it will be mate, all you can do is code it up and quote for any remedials needed/recommended

It sounds to me like a case of "You give me very nice report & later I give you very nice Balti"

Hi all, am going to be doing an inspection on a property which the customer wants a satisfactory report. ie no c1's, c2's. First question Bathroom lighting circut has no 30ma rcd protection, so a C2, next problem lighting circut into bathroom has no Cpc. Can i get around this by installing supplementary bonding in the bathroom?. What does no earth in lighting circuts go down as? C1?. I suspect the board my be a rewire able so possibility of a new board, but how can i give them a satisfactory report? my mind boggles. Thanks

Graham, have a read through the guide below, some of your code suggestions are rather strange and how would installing supplementary bonding allow you to 'get around' the lack of a CPC to a lighting circuit?

http://www.esc.org.uk/fileadmin/use...y/best_practice/BestPracticeGuide4-Locked.pdf

I was under the impression that if you had a lighting circuit which did have a cpc, then you could install supplementary bonding and you would not require rcd protection. But im not sure about lighting circuit with no cpc, is their no alternative to a rewire of that circuit?

I was under the impression that if you had a lighting circuit which did have a cpc, then you could install supplementary bonding and you would not require rcd protection. But im not sure about lighting circuit with no cpc, is their no alternative to a rewire of that circuit?

Candles perhaps? :clown:

Why are we fitting supplementary bonding on a CU change ?
Does the "board change" in the thread title have no relevence ?
i seem lost on where this is going lol.

The title of the post is a bit confusing with the text saying your about to carry out a inspection!

Graham IMO I would carry out the PIR first and identify exactally what faults exist at the premises !

That is if it is a PIR your about to do!

you don't leave a classI fitting with no earth.

Reply to Board Change, satsifactory report in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock