Discuss Bodge job by NIC registered company , Help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I really could use some advive

There is a bin store near my building and the work has been done by an NICEIC company but i have made complaints to the coucil and got no where , compained twice to the company that did this work in the past 2 months and nothing has been done, i have also tried to phone the NICEIC but they say only the person who is ordering / the cient can complain.

I have listed the problems with it bellow and added some images

Conduit not continuous
Conduit not earthed
Conduit not secure
Conduit is rusting

In this state it should have been given additional protection by a 30ma RCD , in its current state there is a potential risk of electric shock if the conduit is pulled.

Whats my next move , i feel like iam banging my head against a brick wall.

Bins.jpg
IMG_0097.jpg
Conduit.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

The issue of it being not continuous, if I had done it it would be continuous, but maybe they had their reasons...

The fact its not secure and rusting, thats just poor workman ship, as for the rust, maybe it was a badly galvanized section..

If not RCD protected, then you would think it would need bonding really wouldnt you.

Yea thats my point , there is no RCD whats so ever , they have done the same kind of thing to 3 other bin stores down my road as well, it feels like this whole part-p is a joke , if i done some thing like this i would not be able to sleep at night.

Well my main worry is that if some one pulled on that conduit the whole dam thing would become live and as i have said there is no RCD, just dont know what to do next.

In this state it should have been given additional protection by a 30ma RCD , in its current state there is a potential risk of electric shock if the conduit is pulled.

Whats my next move , i feel like iam banging my head against a brick wall.

Put your Marigolds on and give the conduit a good yank. That should sort it out

Put your Marigolds on and give the conduit a good yank. That should sort it out

That's more like it!!

We can always rely on Wor Tony to come up with a pragmatic solution to any problem!

I'm sure he must have some Geordie blood sloshing around in his arteries along with the alcohol :)

couple of screws, wall plugs, conduit clips should do the job securing it. otherwise wait when its get knocked properly by a moving bin.

Regardless if the conduit continuity it wouldn't require rcd protection of its surface mounted, assuming it's not for sockets, and in theory it doesn't have to be continuous, the T&E has it's own mechanical protection , although it looks rough

Reply to Bodge job by NIC registered company , Help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net