• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Boiler controls price work in and around London areas in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Looking for anyone interested in taking on some boiler control installations combi/ S/Y plan heating circuits
Between £200-£300 a day all in around north/east/west London
Price work
Must drive
And have small experience in central heating controls/ Boilers and testing
Feel free to call or contact me with any questions

The outer case is not gas tight. It often just hooks on and has a self tapper at the bottom.

yes you do as your disturbing a case seal

https://www.---------------.co.uk/media/1449/who-can-legally-work-on-a-gas-appliance-factsheet.pdf

"integral casing: Many appliances have cases, which in addition to being decorative, function as a part of the combustion circuit and form an important seal around the gas carrying components e.g. burner, combustion chamber, gas valve etc. If removing the case involves undoing a number of screws, this normally means it is a functional case and it should not be removed by the consumer or a person who is not Gas Safe registered. "
Thanks for that.

It confirms I am right and can take the cover off to do electrical work.

I’ve never come across a new boiler that uses the outer case as a gas seal.

I'm no expert on boilers so might be wrong then. Surely it's a bad design if you can't get to the basic wiring connections without breaking the combustion seal.

I'm no expert on boilers so might be wrong then. Surely it's a bad design if you can't get to the basic wiring connections without breaking the combustion seal.

That’s why most come pre wired but not for switches / calls so either use manufacturer controls eg plug and play or wire up a Sep wire for the call both need to be done by gas safe engys if you need to remove the cover with screws

The amount of time I’ve seen sparks remove the grommets it’s unreal (to run there wires) and not put the case back on properly thus effecting the appliances combustion and causing it not to be a room sealed appliance

And putting the owners in danger

I’d struggle to get more than one done in a day never mind 3.

Is that the case stranders electrical ? Is it £200-£300 per instal or £100 per installation and if you get 3 done you get £300.
Its between 4 and 7 jobs a day.. usually Combi boilers.. it’s more than doable I’m usually finished by 2/3 o’clock
I pay £200 for the 1st four then £30 after for every job done
Parking and Cc paid for

Reply to Boiler controls price work in and around London areas in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock