Discuss Boiler in bathroom EICR code in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

jibjob

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Came across this today in what seems like a newly refurbished bathroom. As you can see from the picture (hopefully) is that the boiler is less than 600mm from the edge of the shower enclosure. Not sure what the IP rating of the boiler is but the adjacent switched connection unit & wireless receiver aren't likely to be IPX4. It's a large shower enclosure which incorporates a shower tray with a walk in/drying area meaning the shower head although not fixed is some distance from the boiler which is partially set back into a recess & quite high up. I'm unsure on how to code it assuming it needs coding at all although I'm leaning towards giving it a C3 obviously with an explanation as to why & what could be done to rectify it.

The boiler circuit is RCD protected & all main bonding is in place.

Any thoughts would be most welcome

IMG_20140320_162118.jpg IMG_20140320_162136.jpg

Reply to Boiler in bathroom EICR code in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Morning all So the site I'm based at recently had some work done (think partitioners). This package of work included electrical. This was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm after some coding advice / opinions regarding EICR of warehouses / offices. In others opinion would this be agreeable (helplines closed...
Replies
Views
Hi all Eicr being undertaken, what code if any would you consider for this scinario Small bathroom in a flat, with airing cupboard inside, no...
Replies
Views
I've taken the mirror off my parents' bathroom wall as they've asked me to paint it (full disclaimer on quality issued to them!). It's one of the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock