Discuss Boiler in bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baddegg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Been asked to connect up a boiler in a bathroom...outside zone 2 and in a cupboard, switch fused spur in cupboard but may be able to put outside the room, rcd protection in place, can’t see why not but can anyone point me to regs concerning this?

Been asked to connect up a boiler in a bathroom...outside zone 2 and in a cupboard, switch fused spur in cupboard but may be able to put outside the room, rcd protection in place, can’t see why not but can anyone point me to regs concerning this?
Quite a lot of boilers in bathroom cupboards in my client's houses. Feels a bit weird but no regulation to prevent it. I wouldn't be happy if the cupboard doors weren't present. Obviously shouldn't be on a plug and socket.

Quite a lot of boilers in bathroom cupboards in my client's houses. Feels a bit weird but no regulation to prevent it. I wouldn't be happy if the cupboard doors weren't present. Obviously shouldn't be on a plug and socket.
Thanks mate, knew about the socket reg but can’t find anything directly contravening it...agree seen load in bathrooms.....but none with my signature on! ?

All good. If you read one of the first regs in section 701 it describes that the location and zones may be limited by walls and partitions, so the cupboard could be deemed to be outside the location if you like.

Even if within the location then outside zones is fine as long as the environmental influences are accounted for.

All good. If you read one of the first regs in section 701 it describes that the location and zones may be limited by walls and partitions, so the cupboard could be deemed to be outside the location if you like.

Even if within the location then outside zones is fine as long as the environmental influences are accounted for.
Thanks Andy thats the one

Last edited:
Don't suppose there's anything in the manufacturer's installation guide that mentions bathrooms?

Plumber has fitted it there,so it MUST be groovy?
Seen them in sheds,lofts....even one in a conservatory,mounted on board on two upright scaffold poles?

Quick morning plumber tale....mate has a 9½ grand bathroom refurb,fancy Grohe bar mixer...can't get working...it's ice or steam....plumber on end of phone " it'll be boiler...knobs set wrong...kids broke it...etc..."

I go yesterday,on other business,he said he was gonna strangle the plumber,could i have a gander?

Has a fiddle,gets a Grohe info thing,up on the phone.....it's piped the wrong way round?

....there are only TWO pipes....and,it's piped wrong...?

Reply to Boiler in bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net