Discuss Boiler keeps tripping out fuse. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkz

My neighbour boiler keeps tripping out the 3amp fuse. He had recently replaced the elcectronic board in the boiler, since then his been having trouble. Iv disconnected the live and neutral from the boiler and tested it and im getting voltage. Its only when i connect it back into the boiler terminals it blows the fuse. He told be he has not touch any of the wiring I would appreciate if you could give me some knowledge or guide me

cheers

Looks like there is a fault that most likely blew his original board, thinking that the fault was just the board but alas not so by the sound of things.

If this is a gas boiler I personally would leave well alone, though it's an electrical fault your not suppose to even take the front cover off a gas boiler unless your gas safe. If's electrical then if you don't have experience on the type of boiler then it's a disonnect everythnig and see what that does, but the more you play about and keep tripping fuses the chances are another PCB will be needed.

Probably the pumps jammed usually takes the fuse out in the FCU
Good advise tho to leave well alone no point getting your --- sued

Reply to Boiler keeps tripping out fuse. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock