Discuss Bond or no bond ? that is the question . in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

luka B

-
Reaction score
Hi Everyone , a bit confused here .
New Regs . state that an incoming Water or Gas main pipe need not be earth bonded if part of the incoming in in plastic ..

Does this also mean that Cross bonding of pipes in the house do not need to be Cross Bonded ? what would be the point of cross bonding if the pipes were not bonded at source ..

Re the Incoming pipe .. Surely it would not do any harm to ' Bond it Anyway '

Re the Cable clips .. Plastic is no longer allowed !
Where does one get the New style metal ones now ?
My Suppliers have not even heard of them !!

Look forward to you Replies

https://www.screwflix..com/p/schnei...r-twin-earth-cable-1-2-5mm-silver-100pk/767gv NO...Seriously Screwfix Also do a 4-6mm clip as well

https://www.screwflix..com/p/schnei...r-twin-earth-cable-1-2-5mm-silver-100pk/767gv NO...Seriously Screwfix Also do a 4-6mm clip as well
No shops local to me stock them and they aren't available for delivery either :( .

Hi Everyone , a bit confused here .
New Regs . state that an incoming Water or Gas main pipe need not be earth bonded if part of the incoming in in plastic ..

Does this also mean that Cross bonding of pipes in the house do not need to be Cross Bonded ? what would be the point of cross bonding if the pipes were not bonded at source ..

Re the Incoming pipe .. Surely it would not do any harm to ' Bond it Anyway '

Re the Cable clips .. Plastic is no longer allowed !
Where does one get the New style metal ones now ?
My Suppliers have not even heard of them !!

Look forward to you Replies
I'm not sure you fully understand the purpose of bonding. It's got nothing to do with earthing. There has never been a requirement for cross bonding.

the Incoming pipe .. Surely it would not do any harm to ' Bond it Anyway '
You should only main bond things that are extraneous ie that might introduce a potential into the equipotential zone. To determine whether things are extraneous the easiest way is to test to the supplier earth.
Bonding other things causes additional hazards which although are low risk are still unnecessary.
"Cross" bonding is describing how you feel when you're fitting a boiler and get cross because you have to fit about 6 pointless clamps under the boiler!

Bond or no Bond.... we've had this conversation before.

If he's wearing a suit, drinking dry martini shaken not stirred, and has a license to kill, then its Bond.
Anyone else is just a cheap imitation. Looking at you, Jason Bourne!

Reply to Bond or no bond ? that is the question . in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock