Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Bonding around house perimeter in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MEGGER?

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Can anyone tell me if any mechanical protection is required to a newly installed 10mm bonding cable that exits a garage wall (from consumer unit) and then approx 25m is clipped to the outside wall around a corner and enters into the kitchen to stopcock.The cable is clipped at damp proof height.The customer has concerns about this cable and has put kitchen fit on hold.:confused:

A

acat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would say yes the sun damages the PVC covering the bonding, rodents love the taste of PVC and unprotected is open to damage

Chris

S

spark1

I would say unless it was liable to damage then it would be o.k....the sun effect on the insulation is not really an issue as it is not a live conductor and it is greater than 6mm2....i have seen just this type of cable run for Remedial work equipotential bonding many times due to solid floors interior to the property.

spark1

sparks1234

-
Arms
I would assess the situation with regard to mechanical damage, I wouldn't worry about the effects of the sun

S

Spudnik

Personally i would be more concerned with aesthetics.:)

E

ezzzekiel

there is no problem with running around house apart from it looks awful, if thats the only way to go black conduit looks better.

B

Bulmer

Sounds like the British Gas boys have paid a visit

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Bonding around house perimeter in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom