CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Bonding main water PVC in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all,
In a bit of a quandary,main water incomer is PVC ,from stop cock in property all copper.
Now,do I bond the copper or not,read OSS and it only says recommends bonding to copper,I've been on other forums and had mixed replys,50% say yes,50% say no.
Any thoughts?

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Measure from MET to copper pipework and see if it is below 22.5 kOhms, if it is, you will have to bond it. If not you are OK. Make sure there are no electrical items connected to the pipework for the test i.e. boiler.

G

Guest123

Official line is....if the incoming service is plastic but the internal installation is all metallic, bonding is "recommended" unless the test as SS has described above, proves that the internal pipework does not meet the definition of an extraneous-conductive-part.

G

Guest55

You only need to bond extraneous metal work.
And as the incoming service is plastic..............

Jimmy Boy

-
Arms
Official line is....if the incoming service is plastic but the internal installation is all metallic, bonding is "recommended" unless the test as SS has described above, proves that the internal pipework does not meet the definition of an extraneous-conductive-part.
Is this in the regs Lenny ? Not a trick BTW a genuine one I have GN8 on order so maybe it's in there but I can't find it in the BGB
ATB J

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cheers all,so as SS says if i test from met to pipe work and the reading is above 22.5 k ohms I'm ok,
I havnt got gn8 will have to invest in a copy.
I presume it makes no difference if it's a TT system.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cheers all,so as SS says if I test from MET to pipe work and reading is above 22.5k ohms I don't have to bond,does it make any difference that's it's a TT system?
I haven't got GN8 will have to invest in a copy.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Bonding main water PVC in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom