uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Bonding outside copper pipe in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

We have a copper pipe running along a wall outside in the garden - it's used to supply a sprinkler system. (Inside the house it's plastic, there's a join to copper just before it comes outside.)

Should it be bonded? It's not at present. All my knowledge of bonding comes from pipework running inside the house, rather than pipework that's only conductive outside the house.

Potentially relevant - there's no electrics outside at the moment, but at some point I'm planning on taking a fused spur from a nearby ring final to power some garden lights and maybe an outside socket.

Aico 3000 Range

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
is there any bonding to the main incoming pipe work .

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
All the copper piping is basically outside the house. Why bond it?
It's like bonding a greenhouse even though it has no power going to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All the copper piping is basically outside the house. Why bond it?
It's like bonding a greenhouse even though it has no power going to it.
Good point. My initial thinking was should it be bonded in case there was power being run to it at a later date. I'm probably just being over-cautious.

Is that still the case if there's an outside socket nearby, or should it be bonded in that situation?

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Bonding outside copper pipe in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom