Discuss Bonding the array frame on house roof in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Came across an install today neat job but the array frame had been bonded back to the MET on a TNC-s system, in these cases i usually take down to a stake or to the MET in a TN-s,

What would the actual implications of this be in reality other than not by the book? I cant think of a scenario it would cause a problem?

But in reality is the roof really outside the property? i can understand not taking the PME to a shed or separate garage, but the roof? Where the potential would be the same if you were to touch it, surely staking it then gives the array frame a potential difference to that of the property and local land around it?

yep, no velux in roof, its pme to house and your up the ladder touch the panels and the ladder, which one would you be wishing for then? i would prefer the array to be bonded the rod.

Reply to Bonding the array frame on house roof in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

This thread is in relation to the job at the farm I am thinking of taking on (3 phase thread). At present the farm is all PME. I believe it needs...
Replies
Views
Hi again. Right, I am seeing very mixed reactions and comments about the below question, I am just hoping to find a basic answer and reference...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time poster, long time lurker. Guess I'll have to start getting involved... Just looking for some advice really on something I haven't...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry very long one. Please hop to bottom paragraph for short version. I’m just about to refurb bathroom in my 1986 house but bonding always...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock