Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Bonding to gas and water pipes regs in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi am i reading it right that before you carry out any electrical work out in domestic properties that these pipes have to be upgraded to 10mm earthing cable even if they are already bonded but in less then 10mm

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
yes and no generally i upgrade earthing to water and gas to 10mm 16mm main earth but there is a calculation you can do to determine size of earthing

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
if bonding is in 6mm and no sign of damage, then it's generally acceptable to leave it, by calculating the min. size of main earthing conductor from the adiabatic, then the main bonding must be equal to or greater than 50% of that value.

D

Deleted member 26818

Hi am i reading it right that before you carry out any electrical work out in domestic properties that these pipes have to be upgraded to 10mm earthing cable even if they are already bonded but in less then 10mm
No.
The minimum CSA for a Protective Bonding Conductor is 6mm², but where PME conditions apply 10mm².
In any event, the PBC must be at least half the CSA of that required for the main earth conductor.
Before conducting any alteration or addition, you are required to ensure the earthing and bonding arrangements are (if necessary for the protective measure applied for the safety of the alteration or addition) adequate.
Being adequate does not necessarily equate to compliance with the Regulations.
If the PBC is at least half the CSA of that required for the main earthing conductor, is 6mm² and shows no signs of damage or evidence of over heating, it is deemed adequate.

Reply to Bonding to gas and water pipes regs in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Select the ways in which you gain online business

• MyBuilder.com

• Federation of Master Builders

• CheckaTrade.com

• RatedPeople.com

• TrustaTrader.com

• Which? (TrustedTraders.Which.co.uk)

• MyJobQuote.co.uk

• Yell.com

• Google Paid Advertising

• Own Website with Natural Ranking (SEO'd website)

• Social Media (Facebook Twitter Instagram etc)

• Word of Mouth Only for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom