Discuss Bonding in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

cupra52

HI all
This is my first post, only registered yesterday so be kind.
I went and done an estimate the other day for some extra sockets in a kitchen (yes I am part p).
Found that there’s no main water or gas bonding (no gas at property yet). Told customer that it needed to be done before I can work, she said fine. So quoted for water bonding as well.
Now won the quote and she told me that she’s having a gas supply fitted and new combi boiler, pipe work and rads.
So, my question is...
Will the boiler fitter provide main bonding to the gas (he’s due to start before me) and also what about the water bonding, are they required to do that as part of their installation?
Just want to get an idea of what will be done or not done when I turn up.
Your thoughts will be appreciated.
D

Someone will give you an answer before Monday cupra!!!

Sorry I can't help.

Welcome to the site. Some good guys on here.

to be honest, people tend to do as little as possible, I don't think they will bond it, as their probably not compentent to work on a supply/consumer unit,so its up to the sparky to bond it. As it'll be your name on the cert, not theirs, not their problem i guess.

Have to agree with the others. all plumbers that I've 'worked' with have always left bonding to the sparky.

thanks for your replies, stop cock is in the kitchen at back of house, with c/u in hallway at front (but already quoted to do this). I presume that gas meter will be fitted at front, so no big deal to do that either, apart from a small charge. the main thing i was getting at was, do plumbers/heating engineers have to work to the same regs as us? IE. main bonding must be in place.

The plumber almost certainly will not take care of any main or supplementry bonding, so It's down to you.

If it were me I would just get on and do it find out where the gas meter is going and run a 10 mm earth cable to it.

Theres no harm in "looping" 1 bonding conductor from the gas to the water providing the conductor is not broken. In most cases its as easy to run 2 seperate conductors.

Hope this helps....

Reply to Bonding in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock