Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Bonding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello wonderful people !!!

I have just noticed that my gas pipes have no equipotential bonding!:eek: The Gas meter is outside about a meter away from my MET. What would be the best way to bond this? Would it be to fit a clamp within 600mm at point of entry to the house and down to the MET? or what's the easiest as the gas pipe enters my house on the opposite side of the house to the MET.

How would you guys do it?

Cheers
Mark

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

albi

-
Arms
the reg is it has to be bonded to the gas pipe at the meter or with 600mm of the meter but it can also be 600mm from entry to the property as long as you have accsess to the bonding piont. this all has to be conected to your main DB or met at the cut out. you say your met is next to the meter is it a TT system

Last edited:
S

Spudnik

? Would it be to fit a clamp within 600mm at point of entry to the house and down to the MET? ....... as the gas pipe enters my house on the opposite side of the house to the MET.
So where does the gas pipe enter???:confused:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jason.S

The gas pipe runs from the meter round to the back of the house, which is where it enters! Don't ask me why?

Mark

Stretchyboy

You're stretching my patience LOL :D:D:D

Last edited:

stretchyboy

-
Arms
If the gas meter is so close to the MET then why not run out to the gas meter cabinet and install your earth connection in there. Surface run if unobtrusive or bury it if suitable, just make sure it is at the correct depth and protected from damage.

Thanks Stretchyboy

That's where I'm getting confused. I thought you could install it to the meter if the meter was inside the house! If the meter was external then 600mm at point of entry to the house!
Can I actually go through the wall and outside to the meter???

stretchyboy

-
Arms
Of course you can, the gas board actually recommend it for external gas meter housings as their guys can see that it is done without having to enter the property. We've all had our favourite customer ring us up and say" the gas man said it didn't appear to be done" or they've sent a letter saying if have to get it done etc.......

G

Guest123

Bonding in the external meter cabinet is fine. Just be carefull drilling through is all.:)

Reply to Bonding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom