Discuss Book keeping, accounts, client software? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tidy Max

Hola amigos.

Well i am fast approaching the end of my second year of trading.. and i think my accountant is going to go mental.

I have zero control over the ins and outs of my accounts and i need to reign it in! I have arranged all of my wholesalers invoices to come direct into my email account now. So i am hoping having one inbox that has outgoing and incoming invoices will really help.

I have recently gone digital with my test certificates etc and i have built up a good address book off all of my customers past and present.

What i would like is some software that can manage accounts and customer info as well as possibly building customer folders where jobs/invoices and test certificates could automatically be stored.

Does anybody have a solution or suggestion?

:)

try quickfile. it's free. does all your purchases, invoices, profit&loss, but it won't do certificates.

I use QuickBooks Pro 2014 does all that except storing and filing certs and the like.... you need accounting software and that's what they provide, because they cover all business models its unlikely you'll find any out there tailored for all your needs in one package but the Quickbooks will manage all your money in and out and invoices to file, print or email and more....
Don't get a pay as you go package as this will cost more long term buy the full package in one go at about £150 quid its a good deal.

but quickfile is almost as good and it's free.

I also use Quickbooks and I've used it for nearly 5 years. I wouldn't know what to do without it.

Customer CRM
Estimates
Invoices
Unpaid invoices

and much more.

I really like ultimate client manager. you can find it on codecanyon. it is Web based so you need your own hosting but really very good.

i have my own hosting, i shall have a look at this! I am not familiar with web based software that requires hosting by the individual, i suppose thats what the cost is in these pay monthly deals!

Wonder how many people hand write their quotes/estimates/invoices??

Definitely not me, i can hardly write my own name.

Father in law still does everything by hand (he's not old school i don't think he is even 50 yet). All of his accounts are in Black n Reds and all receipts and invoices are handwritten!

I use Quickfile too and love it.

Most plumbers I know hand write their paperwork. I guess their knuckles drag on the keyboard!

that's why plumbers kneel a lot. to rest their knuckles.

Reply to Book keeping, accounts, client software? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net