Discuss Book Recommendation Electrical Installation for beginners? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi there,

As the title suggests i am looking for a book literally something like electrical installation for dummies.

Since i have typed this in with no joy i was wondering if anyone could recommend a book or sort of Haynes manual type thing.

I would like to install outside light, and light in the attic, i would like to read a book to achieve this.

Also to teach me basic principles and safety.

Thank you.

The advice you're likely to get is get a spark in, that being said "The City & Guilds Textbook: Book 1 Electrical Installations for the Level 3 Apprenticeship (5357), Level 2 Technical Certificate (8202) & Level 2 Diploma (2365) (City & Guilds Textbooks)" may be a good start, given the 2365 L2 course is the intro into spark-dom (in a manner of speaking)

Hello, youtube would be the best for you to understand all the technicality of all the electrical works you perform. You can also try to take little help from a local electrician just in case from T G Gregory & Sons.

There are 2 electrical installation eBooks I used them that are helpful for and written with easy words that any beginner can study and understand by the Author Brain Scaddan.

The books are:
Electrical installation work 4th edition by Brain Scaddan
Electrical installation work 6th edition by Brain Scaddan

You will find them for PDF free download in: (engbookspdf. com)

Best Regards.

I have one of Brian Scaddan's books and it's not that dissimilar from the on-site guide. If you stick to youtube channels like john ward and big clive, you won't go far wrong. Although big clive is more of an electronics guy really...

just don't buy any book by a certain D. Cockburn. or you'll end up bonding your teeth fillings.

just don't buy any book by a certain D. Cockburn. or you'll end up bonding your teeth fillings.
If your in a room containing a bath or shower without rcd protection surely they would be classed as extraneous conductive parts thus need bonding.

My bad! There surrounded by gums and lips. Double insulated.

If your in a room containing a bath or shower without rcd protection surely they would be classed as extraneous conductive parts thus need bonding.

My bad! There surrounded by gums and lips. Double insulated.
thought your's were surrounded by steradent and a whisky glass. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

fully submersible is IP68. damn only 4 words.

If you can find a copy, Fly Fishing by J R Hartley is a damn good read...

( to be fair, I posted this for Tel, to thank him for the pepsodent reference the other day!)

Younger viewers can ignore this post!

Reply to Book Recommendation Electrical Installation for beginners? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock