Discuss Book(s) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sarz11

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the book "Electrical Installation Work" by Brian Scaddan and if so is it worth purchasing. I have heard his books are good? Also if there are any other books or helpful resources for trainees that you think are worth purchasing please let me know. Thanks

Sarah

The book got 4.5 stars on Amazon and lots of apprentices are trained on it. He has been praised on here many times for the clarity of his writing so why not go for it?
Might be worth having a poke about in the local library to see if they have a copy of it first, just to have a read of it first.
Any questions arising from it can be answered on here

the Brian Scadden stuff is OK...but the courses are Based on the Trevor Linsley books....so she should go with those really Damian...

You are right, Scaddan contains all you need to know and more, being technically minded myself when I started college I had Scaddan's book and I only really needed to know half of what was in there in order to pass the exams but yeah, Lindsay's books are more moulded to the structure of the courses unlike Scaddan's.

Any excuse for a Peter Faulke reference,is a good one...i actually possess this book (although one of the things i collect,is books) and the layout of that series,is excellent. It readily leads from a theory to a practical example,and if your starting your learning journey,is a good one to obtain. One of my favourite quotes,is one my mother gave me,every opportunity when growing up.....Books are knowledge,and knowledge is power :pirate:

Any excuse for a Peter Faulke reference,is a good one...i actually possess this book (although one of the things i collect,is books) and the layout of that series,is excellent. It readily leads from a theory to a practical example,and if your starting your learning journey,is a good one to obtain. One of my favourite quotes,is one my mother gave me,every opportunity when growing up.....Books are knowledge,and knowledge is power :pirate:

Thanks mate, I'm suffering from withdrawal from a continuous 5 series of Breaking Bad, a bit of the rain coated sleuth might ease the pain. Vuze here I come.

Reply to Book(s) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net