Discuss books and witch ones i need in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dave30

hello my name is david mackay im 30 years old been a floor layer for like 7 years and have decided to become a sparky its the only other trade i have wished i could be all the time not sure why maybe cause its quite technical

any way going to trade skills for you next month to do my domestic installer course and im trying to get a bit of knowledge before i turn up

im wondering if any one could help by recomendng some books ive got the building regs and the 17th edition and inspecting and testing and the on site guid

but im looking for a book that will help explain the basics like what oms are and what conductor is

i have a dasic knowledge of instulaition but not of the more complicated and acutl techncal side of the trade cold you please help i woud be great full

thanks dave mackay

An om is a mantra or chant usually used during periods of meditation, I'm sure that you know already what a conductor is. If you read the books you have you'll come up with a list of questions for your instructors when you arrive at the training centre, they're the ones who will be mentoring you through your several days in depth training but if you can't wait that long post up your questions.
Best of luck to you mate

From the thread title books and witch ones i need I suggest anything about electrical black-magic.:coffee:

Seriously though, you appear to have the basic requirements. I would read those and compile a list of questions about anything you don't understand and raise these with you instructors or this forum. Your instructors will be able to guide your choice of additional books, as I'm sure they will have a required reading list. When you are first learning it's best not to get too bogged down by lots of books as they will only confuse you, for now concentrate on the selection you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
witch books? "wizardry of electrickery for muggles" by harry potter.

Before you commit to the short course, consider doing the full C&G 2330 or whatever the hell it's called these days. That way you will have a much better understanding of electrical theory as you will be taught very little of it on the DI jobby

Reply to books and witch ones i need in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock