Discuss Bosch GOP 10.8v LI Multicutter Batteries in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

eskimo39

Does anyone use one of these bosch multicutters?

I bought one the other week for a job I was on but am only getting 8-10 minutes from a battery

I have spoke to Bosch who said this is correct, but the shop I bought it from say otherwise. Any ideas????

I must say that I get a lot longer than that out of mine, but i suppose it depends what you are using it for.
I use mine for cutting out holes in plaster board mainly, when the battery goes it just stops dead straight away so I always have another on charge.

I also find you need to turn it down as much as possible as the blades dont last long on a high setting and there not cheap to replace.

Thanks for that. I have just tested it and on the full speed (6) just turned on in my hand, it lasts for 4 minutes and 12 seconds. Rubbish

Bosch have said that this is acceptable and if I run it on the slowest setting(1) should get 12 minutes out of it.

I am a little annoyed as I was looking at the Fein as well as the GOP but decided that the cordless would be more practical.

Most of my tools are Makita and Bosch but from now on will definatly stick with Makita, my battery charger went faulty on my Makita 18v MXT and when I rang them they replaced it within 3 days but also replaced my 3 batteries as they said they couldn't be sure the faulty charger had reduced the lifetime of them.

It seems Bosch are taking the ****,
I have just carried out a test as per your PM and can confirm;
after charging the battery and putting the Gop on setting number 6
and just holding it in my hand it lasted 15:36 before it cut out.
Also it only started to show signs of slowing down after 13 mins.

I would suggest if you only get 4 mins you have a faulty battery, and Bosch
should replace it no quibbles.

Let us know how you get on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
i got one of these last week ,and was supprised at how quick it got through batteries.
10 mins maximum just using it for laminate flooring,
worse still on day 2 it broke motor would run ok but the head wont vibrate unless you press down on the scew. thought it was a great tool in action but am now worried about the quality of this tool

Many thanks for your help testing it. I have since sold it on a well known auction site and bought a fein multimaster. This beast is more powerful and seems better built. Only problem is I need a 110v transformer to use (although you can get it in a 240v)

I should also add though that I recently replaced most of my other tools to Bosch and am very happy with them. I have a 36v Cordless SDS, a 36v Cordless Combi and a 14.4v Lithium Driver, all with great battery life. I just think the 10.8v was not enough for what I expected from the cutter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Bosch GOP 10.8v LI Multicutter Batteries in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock