SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Box to go on bottom of street light pole in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

bigspark17

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Has anyone purchased or fitted a plastic enclousure that will mount to the base of a street light pole, ideally in kit format?

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

David Prosser

-
Arms
Esteemed
Not sure what your after but normally use Lucy street light cutouts.

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Can you explain a ittle more? What's it for? Type of lighting pole etc???

bigspark17

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for replies so far.

the box is to sit on the base of a normal street light columb. The pole has wifi and cameras up the columb and have been shoved in the post and is tight, extremely untidy and water/condensation has been getting in and causig the rcd to trip.
Ive suggested a plastic enclosure possibly meter box to be mounted on the side of the pole. Would not be happy mounting this directly to the post with this much equipment in it. Id like to use something like below maybe with a couple of cut bits of unistrut. Was hoping for an all in one kit but it doesnt seem to exist?

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
You can get a box with mounts on the back and straps to tighten around the Colum we've had to use them several times I'll see if I can try and find a brand for you.
Post automatically merged:

This isn't exactly it but it'll give you an idea as it's very similar

Attachments

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Box and band clamps, plenty of options out there. Metal columns have always been bad for condensation problems.

bigspark17

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can get a box with mounts on the back and straps to tighten around the Colum we've had to use them several times I'll see if I can try and find a brand for you.
Post automatically merged:

This isn't exactly it but it'll give you an idea as it's very similar
do you have a link to a website?

Reply to Box to go on bottom of street light pole in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom