Discuss brand new Bosch oven tripping rcd when cycling just the fan. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
just replaced a 15 year old whirlpool fan oven with a new bosch £700 touch.

last night I was checking to see how much each oven was using power wise, by monitoring it via an elios4you solar pv/house monitor. I turned off the fan oven after about 1 minute, by first turning the stat to 0 then turned off the fan, then the rcd tripped.

so this morning I checked to see what was doing it. turned on fan turned stat up, all ok. turned stat up and down quickly, could hear stat clicking, all ok, turned stat to 0 turned off fan, all ok but could see what looked like some led display elements flickering when the fan was cycled. so I repeated the fan on off a couple of times and bingo rcd off again.

ideas.

Apart from asking all the obvious questions such is it a global RCd, could there be a fault on another circuit, did you test the installation and ramp test the RCD.........

Lets go for something a little basic, flickering anything could mean a loose connection, or something a little more in depth could the house monitor be affecting the circuit

led elements on the oven display. rcd is a sockets only split board cu.

will need my mate to pop round to ramp test. though nothing has tripped it before.

its almost like the fan is leaking some current to ground, maybe via its windings when the field collapses its spiking the ground.

Last edited:
Is this at the same property that you are having other supplies? Daz

I think it would be best to get your mate to sort it, than ask a forum.
He can be there and see/touch (lick if a fault) were we only have your words to go on.

worse case, Lincoln College, as if they want to pop around and have a look as a learning kerb for the students and a Pint

Reply to brand new Bosch oven tripping rcd when cycling just the fan. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net