Discuss brand new house two plasterers nails and a niceic new instalation test sheet in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chris-

i was called to this house on a new developement, the electricians (in the loosest term of the word )had walked off site after almost finishing and would not come back to do snagging as they had there money. The first house was signed off niceic test sheets but i found 2 plasterers nails through the washing machines spur and the solar panels were not even conected so how could they have tested it.
the next doors house had no copper core in the end of the co ax cable so no signal and the kitchen fan had no coloured sleeving and they had got the switch line mixed up with the neutral so had 240 volts when testing between neutral and earth again had been signed off. in 6 of 9 houses they had just left all heating and boilers not wired with randon unmarked cables coming through by the boiler.
i am tempted to name and shame but im not sure im aloud to on this site or atleast until we have tried to get some compensation from them.
i have pics but cant find my cable to transfer from phone to laptop.

How about a little bet, my money is on the test results on the schedule bearing precious little resemblance to those gained when Chris retests:)

How about a little bet, my money is on the test results on the schedule bearing precious little resemblance to those gained when Chris retests:)

Ooh, you old synic you.

Solar panels can be excluded from the EIC if noted in the exceptions & limitations box.
The solar panels may not have been fitted by the house wiring sparks , in which case i wouldnt test them either.

Tv aeriels , sky connections and phone lines arent included in the electrical testing anyway.

All the other faults are down to rubbish workmanship and should be corrected by the original contractors.
NIC installers strike again lol.

Solar panels can be excluded from the EIC if noted in the exceptions & limitations box.
The solar panels may not have been fitted by the house wiring sparks , in which case i wouldnt test them either.

Tv aeriels , sky connections and phone lines arent included in the electrical testing anyway.

All the other faults are down to rubbish workmanship and should be corrected by the original contractors.
NIC installers strike again lol.

i know the co ax doesnt get tested but you expect to atleast try and cut some sheath off rather that just twist the tinfoil bit and shove it in the terminal

A quick phone call to the NicEic could be in order. They were very friendly helpful and competent when I called this morning. Frankly I was quite surprised!

Like the NIC will do anything about that, good one mate:)
An example for you, a well known cowboy in my area decided it would be a good idea to plaster his van with NIC logos as if he were registered with them. Now I've had the pleasure, as many other local sparks have, of being called in after him to rectify some of the disgusting and downright dangerous work he has carried out. So anyway, someone decides to grass him to the NIC for using their logo on his van thinking they might actually take some sort of action against him.
A couple of months later he has a new van now covered in NICEIC AC stickers and is listed on their website. People are still putting his work right.
That's how much they care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the NIC will do anything about that, good one mate:)
An example for you, a well known cowboy in my area decided it would be a good idea to plaster his van with NIC logos as if he were registered with them. Now I've had the pleasure, as many other local sparks have, of being called in after him to rectify some of the disgusting and downright dangerous work he has carried out. So anyway, someone decides to grass him to the NIC for using their logo on his van thinking they might actually take some sort of action against him.
A couple of months later he has a new van now covered in NICEIC AC stickers and is listed on their website. People are still putting his work right.
That's how much they care.

So long as he paid for the stickers , no problem........................
lol ;-)

Reply to brand new house two plasterers nails and a niceic new instalation test sheet in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net