Discuss Breaker sizing in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

matt12321

What size breaker do I need at my db in the house, which feeds an outside building on 6mm armoured. The outside building has a db with 40, 32 and 6 amp breakers for cooker, ring and lights.

Matt what is the meaning of life???

Give us something to work on, cable size, what kind of cable, how will the cable be installed, distance of cable run, earthing system, is there any services in this outside building, Does the sub main need RCD protection, where is the RCD going for the outside building.

You could find that the 6mm is undersized even to run the cooker never mind anything else depending on length of run etc.

So with RCD protection at both places you already will have a discrimination problem.

What KW is the oven, as you will need that to work out your diversity on the circuit, if you haven't got the oven size then and your going with that 40amp MCB for it, then I can tell you now that 6mm is not going to be anywhere big enough.

That 6mm at the best is only going to be rated at 46 amps, before volt drop is worked out.

16A cooker, 16A sockets (ring or radial) , 6A lights. 40A on the 6mm (providing ccc and VD are within limits). feed from non-RCD protected MCB.

I'll start again. 32 amp main breaker in the house not rcd protected. 6mm 3 core armoured buried to out building. Db in outbuilding with rcd for lights 6a, ring 32, cooker 40a. Mains water PVC in to building. Tncs

Reply to Breaker sizing in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The electrician that installed my cooker circuit put in 10mm cable with a 32a fuse, a 45a cooker switch and 10mm cable to the backplate for behind...
Replies
Views
Hi, i live in a new build house where they builders have left a junction box on the outside of my house. In the junction box there is a 6mm twin...
Replies
Views
Client currently has a DB in his outhouse. It feeds a pool pump and an air source heat pump. It is currently being supplied using a 4mm T&E cable...
Replies
Views
A friend of mine wired a 10mm 3 core armoured cable to his shed before I got involved and wired it himself already. He wants make it an air bnb...
Replies
Views
I want to verify if the breaker size is correct for the service going into my detached garage. I have 6 AWG cable going from my main panel in my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock