Discuss Brexit for the electrical trade in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

In real terms it will make very little difference to me. in the event of no deal and the proposed reduction in tariffs then some things may actually go down! thinking metal products as the eu puts a high tariff on these from far east and india.
the europeans already here will be allowed to stay so the cheap labour and wages will stay - for the next few years at least but longer term I think we will see a gradual increase in the shortage of people in the construction trade.
It will i think be a kick up the backside for a lot of people who moan about foreigners taking jobs etc they will have ample chance to get off their backside and get a job, no excuses anymore for being lazy and scrounging off the state. it might not be the job you want but a job is a job when you havent got one. some people need to develop some pride and work ethic.

I think we will have an increase in income, around 90%. Goods will be 50% cheaper to buy. Customers will be more plentiful. Jobs will get easier and quicker. We will probably be offered bonuses on most jobs. Also free beer will be very common in pubs and shops. We will probably get half price fuel as well as vans at 60% discount. Taxes will go down to a fraction of what they are now. We will be able to retire on a full pension of £600 per week as 21 years of age. Tools will get heavily discounted. And we wont have to join a scheme. We will go back to red and black cable. The regs will be re-written and condensed to 50 pages, and we will be able to understand them. Intelligence will increase nationally. Sounds good to me.

In the medium term goods may get cheaper.
Instead of half manufacturing something here, then shipping it half way across Europe just to put 2 screws in, then 1/4 of the way back to package it, then shipping it back, hopefully more goods will be manufactured here.

I don't give a rat's prostate......recession...change of government...wars,shortages,millenium bug....bring it on;)
You can put me in a time machine,and send me where ever you want....I'd still earn a living:)

....It might be as some king's jester....but me family would still be fed:cool:

Ever the optimist that's me! I even believe if they dropped the atom bomb I would run outside and catch it. But there you are the problems of being hopelessly optimistic. But then again I have achieved lots of things the naysayers have told me is not possible. As to P.M. I am not worthy of the post. :cool:

The majority of my work is outside the UK but I'm confident that Brexit will boost profits. Certainly weak Sterling has been an enormous advantage to me.

To answer the OP
Is Brexit ever going to happen given the current political shambles
If we don't leave yes a lot of stuff will go up as the EU just take over, look at what the Lisbon Treaty has in store come 2020

To answer the OP
Is Brexit ever going to happen given the current political shambles
If we don't leave yes a lot of stuff will go up as the EU just take over, look at what the Lisbon Treaty has in store come 2020

....I read that the EU had promised Wigan,running water and street lights...hey ho...;)

....I read that the EU had promised Wigan,running water and street lights...hey ho...;)
yeah, water from a communal stand pipe on Wigan Pier, and gas street lights... still, anything forward is good.

Reply to Brexit for the electrical trade in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock