Discuss Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

may is too weak to deal with these eu weasels. we need churchill or thatcher back. sod 'em. it should be up to UK and ROI to decide on borders, not them meddling eurocrats.
ROI is in the EU.
If the UK leaves the EU, then there will be tariffs and all the rest between the EU and the UK.
If there were no restrictions between the UK and ROI, then companies from both the EU and the UK would set up shop importing and exporting via the ROI.
Immigrants from the EU would also be able to legally enter the UK via the ROI.

There are 3 options as I see it.
Stay in the EU.
Give the residents of NI a referendum on whether to remain part of the UK or become part of the ROI.
Renege on the Good Friday agreement.

Given so much of Ireland exports are to the UK and is separate from mainland Europe, why dont they put Ireland in a special economic status, it can trade freely with the uk and EU. Ireland stays in the EU but gets best of both worlds. In anycase Ireland accounts for a very small amount of intra EU trade. It is artificially higher due to the tax scams they allow

Makes me chuckle when the French "threaten" the Brits that we would need Visa's to visit their country on holiday ................. I can't remember ever needing a Visa to visit France and I went their on holiday LONG before the EEC morphed into the EU

who cares ............

Britain dragging us poor Irish people out of the EU and making a right mess of it while their at it. Very frustrating
Hard to argue about the making a mess of it part, but I've never had any time for the so-called EU. I have never accepted that it can somehow be some fundamental Irish position that the EU is a force for good. The evidence proves otherwise. And let's not pretend that the EU has any respect for the Irish - Nice 2 and Lisbon 2 spring to mind...

Also let's remember that the south is a net contributor and always has been - consider the fishing rights etc. which the EU take.

Reply to Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock