• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss BREXIT in the Politics & The Economy area at ElectriciansForums.net

MDJ

The Muppet Police
Forum Mentor
Lets get on with it, Hard Exit, Hard border in NI, Patience is running out now with the Europeans, we voted to leave although some of us didn't, however we got to get out, I think all this farting about is causing havoc, lets get out now!!!!!

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
may is too weak to deal with these eu weasels. we need churchill or thatcher back. sod 'em. it should be up to UK and ROI to decide on borders, not them meddling eurocrats.

spinlondon

Forum Mentor
may is too weak to deal with these eu weasels. we need churchill or thatcher back. sod 'em. it should be up to UK and ROI to decide on borders, not them meddling eurocrats.
ROI is in the EU.
If the UK leaves the EU, then there will be tariffs and all the rest between the EU and the UK.
If there were no restrictions between the UK and ROI, then companies from both the EU and the UK would set up shop importing and exporting via the ROI.
Immigrants from the EU would also be able to legally enter the UK via the ROI.

There are 3 options as I see it.
Stay in the EU.
Give the residents of NI a referendum on whether to remain part of the UK or become part of the ROI.
Renege on the Good Friday agreement.

Gavin John Hyde

Electrician's Arms
Given so much of Ireland exports are to the UK and is separate from mainland Europe, why dont they put Ireland in a special economic status, it can trade freely with the uk and EU. Ireland stays in the EU but gets best of both worlds. In anycase Ireland accounts for a very small amount of intra EU trade. It is artificially higher due to the tax scams they allow

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms
Hotel California anyone?

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms
There are 4 options as I see it.
Stay in the EU.
Give the residents of NI a referendum on whether to remain part of the UK or become part of the ROI.
Renege on the Good Friday agreement.
Eire leaves the EU
Edited that for you ...........

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms

Matthewd29

Regular EF Member
Britain dragging us poor Irish people out of the EU and making a right mess of it while their at it. Very frustrating

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms
Makes me chuckle when the French "threaten" the Brits that we would need Visa's to visit their country on holiday ................. I can't remember ever needing a Visa to visit France and I went their on holiday LONG before the EEC morphed into the EU

who cares ............

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.