Discuss Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

The tool comes with an instruction leaflet which states Milton Keynes, and an additional leaflet which states in umpteen languages that their office is now in Belgium.
“Due to our reorganisation, the responsible manufacturer and it’s address have been changed to: Makita Europe N.V., Jan-Baptist Vinkstraat 2, 3070 Kortenberg, Belgium”.

For all I know, Makita moving their European headquarters, makes no difference at all?
Makita may not sack anyone from their office in Milton Keynes.
Makita my not decide to not replace people that leave or retire from their Milton Keynes office.
Then again perhaps the opposite will be the case?

What ever side of the table you sit one has to remember we are in a very powerful negotiation, on their side they have many armies with crappy weapons and we have a small army with a big weapon, it is a game of chess and will go to the 11th hour, every major international negotiations always goes to the last minute and this is no different, normally it is behind closed doors so we don't really see how it plays out but now we are front row seaters we are seeing a game of will and misdirection.

Take the Irish border, this is a massive red herring and designed to stall and instil a sense of despair etc into the voter, for a year post the Brexit result we were on good ground with the Irish PM and we actually agreed that it wasn't a big problem to extend what already happens over the border with VAT and other tax differences and then the EU realised after trying to play all its other cards like Gibralta, or the migrant camps coming over to the UK (even though it is a UK/French arrangement external to the EU ) that it was clear we were leaving, roll in a meeting with the Irish PM and the EU big wigs all of a sudden we have dragged the peace agreement into it, the so called impossible issue of a soft border etc etc, note here that a prominent IRA spokesman expressed that Brexit would not effect the peace deal in any way and the times of violence are behind them.
There is absolutely no issue with the Irish Border that cannot be agreed on with a simple solution that has already been offered but here we go back to the EU trying to stall it and for their own interest they need to ensure the whole leaving process appears to be a massive failure and catastrophe for the UK, if they just agreed and made it simple then this would encourage other countries to follow and trust me there is no shortage of them that now are thinking about it.

The way the EU will win is if May gives too much and doesn't take us fully out of both the S-Market and the C-Union even an extension on these would see us paying 10's of billions into the EU as continuous members until we reach another date by which time they concoct another way to keep us tied up.

There is so much scaremongering based on supposed surveys and polls created by groups and institutions that are biased through vested interests, funding and/or simply have a extremely bad record for getting things correct.

All I ask is if anyone can tell me any documentary the BBC has done to promote the Brexit outcome and give a positive angle, I can name several that have shown the opposite... the problem is most people lap this up without realising the sheer bias, misinformation, misrepresentation and deep internal conflicts of interest the programs shown have.. the BBC gets hundreds of millions in EU funding indirectly or directly but you either listen to there excuses or judge it for what it is.

Citation for those who need one below - a quarter of a billion isn't loose change!

Early day motion 791 - EU FUNDING OF THE BBC - https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2007-08/791

Last edited:
Knew it wouldn't be long before darkwood did another dissertation. :)

Let UK & Ireland trade & do as they won't, in their best interests. Sod the EU.

Oh no just remembered they can't, its against the club rules.

I can't see what he problem is...over the last 1000 years,we have had next to no problems,with any of the countries in Europe...

All I ask is if anyone can tell me any documentary the BBC has done to promote the Brexit outcome and give a positive angle, I can name several that have shown the opposite...

I certainly can't name one that promotes brexit Darkwood so I guess you're right, but I'd like to watch the ones that show the negative side of brexit.
Can you post a couple of links so that I can watch them? I know that you can name several but I don't want too many just a couple so that I can get an idea of what they are saying.
The BBC are meant to be ballanced so I'm disapointed that they're putting out documentaries showing one side of the debate without ballance.
Look forward to watching them.
Thanks.

@Andy B, the evidence is sometimes blatant and most of the times it is indirect like showing influencing material that shows the EU in a good light while ignoring any negative stories, I am not on about clips, or programs that are specifically about Brexit just the general news coming across the channel.
I cannot name them off the top of my head and will have to look when I return but this isn't just about specifically 'stand alone documentaries'.
Here is a link and yes I know the paper is biased itself for Brexit but it's not the biased that matters here it is the figures they reveal and how the news has been covering Brexit, you can see what may seem to be a balanced discussion on the topic all of a sudden take a new angle when you time the air time and guests leanings.
BBC BIAS: Remainers DOMINATE BBC - 'Can't find a single show examining Brexit opportunity' - https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/940920/bbc-bias-brexit-remain-leave-brexit-guide-for-perplexed-radio-4-news-watch.

Its also the stories it picks to cover, when we heard about financial overspend by the Leave camp we had coverage for nearly a week and even got some lengthy discussions on a few panel shows then a month later it was found that Soros the financier of the EU pro move had been given millions to send pro EU messages out and also directly funded Gina Millers Pro EU movement, now that got a short news snippet and was buried by other bigger stories of the day, a tactic often used to detract from stories that you want to play down.

The problem with the BBC is it is its own watchdog and has no one to answer to so plays it depending on who is bunging the biggest incentive and like the link before, do you really think the BBC can be impartial with a quarter of a billion at risk?

You just need to go back to Dimbleby's face when he had to announce the result of the referendum. It was a picture, i remember it well. The look of gloom when he announced it was shocking. Instead he should have proudly announced that the results are in and yes we have voted to leave the EU.

@Andy B, the evidence is sometimes blatant and most of the times it is indirect like showing influencing material that shows the EU in a good light while ignoring any negative stories, I am not on about clips, or programs that are specifically about Brexit just the general news coming across the channel.
I cannot name them off the top of my head and will have to look when I return but this isn't just about specifically 'stand alone documentaries'.
Here is a link and yes I know the paper is biased itself for Brexit but it's not the biased that matters here it is the figures they reveal and how the news has been covering Brexit, you can see what may seem to be a balanced discussion on the topic all of a sudden take a new angle when you time the air time and guests leanings.
Well you did say documentaries DW, never mind we'll let that go.
It's a bit weak quoting the Express to underpin your argument as I'm sure you know. I'm sure you can find biased in every program if you looked, did you know that in the last 5 years there has been 35 MEPs on Question Time? Not one pro EU, 33 Ukip and two Tory (both times Dan Hannan anti EU) No Labour, Green or Lib Dems. Bias? I couldn't say.

Well the thing is the remain made some errors when submitting their spending returns and were fined ÂŁ18000, this was well reported by all media including the BBC.
On the other hand the vote leave campaign were deemed to have broken the law and were fined ÂŁ64000, and refered to the police for further investigation. A bit diferent but just a well reported.

Last edited:
6227AA7C-F4A8-47DE-A830-93CF044AF106.jpeg

You just need to go back to Dimbleby's face when he had to announce the result of the referendum. It was a picture, i remember it well. The look of gloom when he announced it was shocking. Instead he should have proudly announced that the results are in and yes we have voted to leave the EU.
He announced the result at 4:40 in the morning, I'm supprised you were up at that time. To me he's just reporting the official result in a neutral manner but if you want to see something that's not there that's your perogative and I'll leave you to it.
The result had been known for a few hours.

Don’t see the point of another vote. Most people always vote with their hearts not their heads. So what, if we vote to remain. It’ll only come up again. We need to leave. That’s the only way to find out, if it was the right decision or not.
If it wasn’t, we could always ask nicely to rejoin.

Well the thing is the remain made some errors when submitting their spending returns and were fined ÂŁ18000, this was well reported by all media including the BBC.
On the other hand the vote leave campaign were deemed to have broken the law and were fined ÂŁ64000, and refered to the police for further investigation. A bit diferent but just a well reported.

Let's all forget the 10million of tax payers money spent on a biased leaflet campaign days before the official financially restricted campaigns started, had it been purely informative the I could justify my money going towards it but the cost alone outstrips the limit on campaign spending and it was clearly pro EU bias, but who do you complain to and who do you take action against - there is no one hence they got away with it, a few hundred grand here and there seems insignificant in comparison.

Reply to Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net