Discuss Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

.., Ireland psst huh pmsl, who are they?

Ireland may be tiny but it's a full member of a trading bloc that forms the second largest economy on the planet. Ireland now has way more international clout than the UK, along with Luxembourg (pop 590k), Lichtenstein (38k) and 25 other nearby countries.

The key question now is 'who are the UK', nobody seems to know and until the numpties in Westminster stop bickering that won't change.

I am sitting waiting for the UK government to take back control

Sorry - I couldn't resist it.

As a supporter of Scottish independence I (and most like me) are just sitting back and waiting

The PM isn't giving Scots a referendum as she knows it is now nip and tuck- the old people who voted 70% for NO (and then leave) are going to another place. They are being replaced by a popualtion who are more than 50% yes.
The longer they wait the less good it is for the UK

Tie that in with the facts that the UK government are looking rudderless with neither party taking control

The PM came back with a deal that locks us in to the EU with no say.
Although I am a remainer the deal is quite a turkey (Christmas link :D) it is flawed
We either are in (and do our bit / take part) or are completely out and do what we want. There is no middle road

The EU will accept Scotland (as an independent country) for several reasons - including sticking two fingers to the UK
An independent Scotland will also have 90% of the UK fishing waters (which will make Spain and France need a deal)
See link below

Scotland voted 62% to remain in the EU

Hadrian's Wall cost the Romans around 20,000 enormous urns of Caesar's finest gold coins.

Can you afford to rebuild it seeing as the arse has fallen out of the oil industry? A few crates of fish won't get you very far! :D

The only reason to rebuild would be from the people from the Former UK (fUK) wanting to move to the new land of milk and honey up north.

The UK government squandered the last boom (oil), see the linked documentary - as the BBC are open and transparent it was broadcast only in Gaelic with subtitles- hope you can read.

The next boom is renewable energy, Scotland has over 70% of Europes renewable potential. If we don't 'take back control' we are in for more crap.

70%, interesting stat!
I accept that Scotland may well fulfill its electrical needs from renewables in the near future, but you've hardly got the biggest demand in the world.
70% of the whole of Europe is slightly stretching the imagination. But, you can do that with statistics!

Of course, if they don’t sort out a deal over the NI/Eire border, they will have to allow a Referendum in NI whether to remain part of the UK or not.
Tories wouldn’t have much of a majority if the UK loses NI.

If Scotland left the UK there will be a Labour government.
There would be 59 less MP"s, the current Tory majority is 10 or so including the DUP
It follows that Labour would be a minority government or even a majority one

The only reason to rebuild would be from the people from the Former UK (fUK) wanting to move to the new land of milk and honey up north.

You mean Lancashire by 'Up North', don't you??... Of course you do...

Apart from Whiskey and short bread, Scotland has nothing to offer anyone down here, there are more Jocks in England than Scotland, drunkards and hooligans mainly.
I would give them independence tomorrow if I had the power, the Jocks would have to find something else to moan about then, I would remove all armed forces and bases from there, remove the last ship building yard and relocate down south, and build a wall across the border to stop the 5 million left up there getting into the south.
Nice Mountains and Locks, good fishing and fluck all else up there IMO.

I applaud everyone’s enthusiasm for Brexit. Ultimately it’s like being a over optimistic parents of a fat kid on sports day. Remember, it’s not the winning or losing, it’s the taking part that counts.;)

Apart from Whiskey and short bread, Scotland has nothing to offer anyone down here, there are more Jocks in England than Scotland, drunkards and hooligans mainly.
It's Whisky
I would remove all armed forces and bases from there
Mainly been done- the Scottish regiments mainly train down south due to the defence cuts
remove the last ship building yard and relocate down south
Just about there- before indyref the UK promised 22 ships, changed it to 12 then confirmed 3. Promises broken

and build a wall across the border to stop the 5 million left up there getting into the south from being over run by refugees from down south felling Tory austerity etc

Nice Mountains and Locks, good fishing and fluck all else up there
Apart from
  • the highest outward investment outside London and the S.E. England
  • The best run NHS in the UK (still can be better)
  • 1000 MORE police officers since 2007, compare to 20,000 LESS down south
  • Public owned water
  • Scotland is a net exporter

The Tories are not known for benevolence and giving- ever wonder WHY they are desperate to keep Scotland- we subsidise the south;

a4_poolingsharing_600.jpg

Could go on but it's a Brexit thread

To clarify- I am pro-independence and anti-Westminster, not anti other people

We could make our own Whisky in England if we wanted to, we let the Jocks make it, should we become independent we could easily set it so we make it, it wouldn't be as good to start but in 20 years it would get there, we just don't need the Jocks, let them have their independence, by the way to all members, except the Mods of course lol, Merry Christmas.

Reply to Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net