Discuss British Gas FITS Backlog: Currently 6-8 Weeks in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
British Gas Fits backlog is now running at 6-8 weeks.

Anyone thinking of British Gas for their FIT's would be best advised to choose an alternative

supplier, until they put resources towards clearing up the massive backlog they have.

I have a customer with N-Power- Signed up in August 2011- still hasn't had any money- off to see him this afternoon as they won't speak to me without him being there

I'm with Scottish Power.
They usually pay after about two weeks.

I put in a FiT claim just before midnight on 19th July (they wouldn't have received it until 20th July) and the money was in my bank account on 03rd August (14 days).

Considering most of the other energy companies are substantially further behind than this I would not worry too much. A quick phone call will usually put a customers mind at rest since BG seems pretty good at finding applications where ever they are in the process - particularly if you have emailed the application. Tried this with EDF, EON and SSE and quite frankly their record systems are a shambles!

I had my system installed on March 26th and EDF received my paperwork and applications forms on March 30th by recorded delivery. I have had an acknowledgement letter and have spoken to them 3 times but they are still on February applications. I can't say I am bothered though as the payment will be a nice lump sum. Already generated 2090kwh so I should get at least £470 if not closer to £500 - 600 as my first payment. On an aside, system is generating + 16.5% on top of SAP calculations so lets hope they don't kick up a fuss about high readings.

Reply to British Gas FITS Backlog: Currently 6-8 Weeks in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock