Discuss British Gas returning FITs - Whattttttttttttttttttttttt! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Anyone heard that BG are returning none BG FIT applications? Installer rang and spoke to BG and was told that they are under no obligation to process them and will be sending them back if not BG customer? Any one know about this?

nope but we heard Eon were not going to process non Eon customers forms from a certain date as they were getting bombarded. We have just been advising customers to use their own energy provider for the last couple of weeks to pevent any confusion.

Not sure why you would go out of your way to use British Gas if you werent a customer??, my dealings with them have been terrible- their form wasnt even available online last time I checked.

As far as I am aware any energy provider are not obliged to offer you the fit if you are not a customer of theirs.

British Gas told me months ago they weren't taking non customers but I mentioned this on the forum yesterday and someone said they were taking them. I'm guessing they've brought extra staff in to cope with demand and not got the training right. We advised all of ours to go to their own energy supplier.

The Big 6 supply companies (with more than 50,000 customers) must offer FiTs contracts to all their own customers, anyone who is not a customer of another of the Big 6, and anyone who is off-grid.

The smaller companies (Good Energy, Ecotricity, etc) who have volunteered to become FiTs Licencees must offer FiTs contracts to their own customers for systems up to 50kW.

Any other small companies, who have not volunteered to become FiTs Licencees, cannot offer FiTs contracts at all.

Some companies go beyond these minimum requirements and offer FiTs contracts to people they do not supply - but they are not required to do so by the FiTs legislation. They are free to change or drop these extra offers at any time.

(Wish I had a £1 for every time I've said this.)

I'm not sure of the exact conditions attached to EONs change but I presume they are still open to non-Big 6 customers as they are required to be.

I rang BG yesterday and they confirmed that i can email them any FIT application even non-BG customers. Just need to email photo ID aswell as invoice and mcs cert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Fit Provider out there? Probably, They'll take anyone, and their support team is excellent: The UK

Reply to British Gas returning FITs - Whattttttttttttttttttttttt! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net