Discuss british general cu. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

applemac

Electrician's Arms
just picked up a british general dual board, nice for the price, i was expecting a cheap box of trash,

usually use wylex as i like the quality. anyone used these bg boards? any problems?

cheers.

brucelee

Regular EF Member
I jsut fitted one 13 way high integrity split load dual RCD

I like them better than the wylex feel more robust have knockout entrys perfect for trunking sizes
only prob 1 x 16A stripped easy when tightening using the modular CK driver so will be careful from now on
the busbar is nice and thick unlike some
plenty room
overall bargain at £69 with MCBs included and the RCBOs are £19.99 which isnt as bad as some replacemnt RCDs are also £19.99 if needed
so for a cheaper board a good buy

ExArmy

Electrician's Arms
i've fitted quite alot of these, had an MCB that wouldnt stay up and stripped a few of the threads on MCB's tightening them onto the busbar. annoying but my wholesaler just replaces them when this happens. still pretty good for the price, £50+VAT with any configuration of breakers.
what should i be using for tightening the screws on the earth and neutral bars? PZ2 slips out, PZ1 too small, so i just use a big terminal driver for nipping them up. is there a special driver for this?

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
i've fitted quite alot of these, had an MCB that wouldnt stay up and stripped a few of the threads on MCB's tightening them onto the busbar. annoying but my wholesaler just replaces them when this happens. still pretty good for the price, £50+VAT with any configuration of breakers.
what should i be using for tightening the screws on the earth and neutral bars? PZ2 slips out, PZ1 too small, so i just use a big terminal driver for nipping them up. is there a special driver for this?
Wera Kraftform Plus +/- PZ/S VDE Screwdrivers for Consumer Units & MCBs | Screwfix.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • Black

Votes: 33 34.0%

Electrician Talk