Discuss British General RCBO were to buy in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi
could someone please tell me were i can buy a 6A Type B RCBO BSEN60898 6kA for a British general board
I bought the board from scr?????
and just tried to get a RCBO and theyre out of stock typical

does anyone else know who sell these devices

thanks

Typical screwfix, never have stock of accessories of the item you buy. I really hate the place. I can go in there with a list of 5 items, and they will be short of one, guaranteed every time.

Would be interested to know where BG say for you to buy them, lets hope that screwfix and Bodge & Quick are not the only distributors.

Hi mark yeah would be good to know also they havnt replied to my email so it looks like
sparks 1973 is the only option left
think a wholesaler not far from me does them as i am sure i seen a BG board in there fully loaded when i last went in

Will give them a ring if not will have to ring BG accessories direct
I Hadnt realised that not many places do them
Overall its a good board but terminal screws arent the best and i had 1 x 16CB strip wouldnt tighten on the busbar
I am a little heavy handed probably but felt i tightened the others more
anyway for the few quid it cost no great loss

I ordered em of scre????
then i realised i had a email with 10% off DOH!

so i decided to join the Electrafix website for traders
went through the procedure gave themm my quals etc and who registered with
and got a eamil confirmation i had been accepted
tried on website couldnt get on kept jsut going to scre????
Anyway went to nearest branch about 10 mile away
she put al details in and it just went on there public site shall we say had to wait while she tried repeatedly then rang up whoever gave them all me details told them go on elecsa website told her me quals and only one she seemed interested in was 17th lol took ages was jsut about to say forget it
and then she got confirmation
got me downlights i wanted asked for RCBO out of stock
waste of time
came home and all branches out of stock

cant see me making to many trips to them

Hi mark yeah would be good to know also they havnt replied to my email so it looks like
sparks 1973 is the only option left
think a wholesaler not far from me does them as i am sure i seen a BG board in there fully loaded when i last went in

Will give them a ring if not will have to ring BG accessories direct
I Hadnt realised that not many places do them
Overall its a good board but terminal screws arent the best and i had 1 x 16CB strip wouldnt tighten on the busbar
I am a little heavy handed probably but felt i tightened the others more
anyway for the few quid it cost no great loss

I ordered em of scre????
then i realised i had a email with 10% off DOH!

so i decided to join the Electrafix website for traders
went through the procedure gave themm my quals etc and who registered with
and got a eamil confirmation i had been accepted
tried on website couldnt get on kept jsut going to scre????
Anyway went to nearest branch about 10 mile away
she put al details in and it just went on there public site shall we say had to wait while she tried repeatedly then rang up whoever gave them all me details told them go on elecsa website told her me quals and only one she seemed interested in was 17th lol took ages was jsut about to say forget it
and then she got confirmation
got me downlights i wanted asked for RCBO out of stock
waste of time
came home and all branches out of stock

cant see me making to many trips to them
PM me if you would please carl....Leigh is getting some 20A B curve RCBOs for a BG...so if i can find out where he has got em from.....i will let you know

This is one of the reasons I get Wylex, not because of quality or price, but because they are like dog poo, you can get them anywhere, and if caught short after hours or at w/e then you can get them from the sheds too.

This is one of the reasons I get Wylex, not because of quality or price, but because they are like dog poo, you can get them anywhere, and if caught short after hours or at w/e then you can get them from the sheds too.
yep...electrium...run of the mill and available just about anyware......hell, if you went to the north face of the eiger...you would probably find one encrusted in icycles about 3/4 of the way up....thaw it out.....hmm...should meet disconnection times.......any climbers out there want to pluck us one next time your `on piste`?....a 12 way high integrity will do.....and thats with breakers......

Hi
could someone please tell me were i can buy a 6A Type B RCBO BSEN60898 6kA for a British general board
I bought the board from scr?????
and just tried to get a RCBO and theyre out of stock typical

does anyone else know who sell these devices

thanks

Don't think you'll find one anywhere TBH. MCBs are usually to BS60898:dizzy2:

Don't think you'll find one anywhere TBH. MCBs are usually to BS60898:dizzy2:

a bit early in the morning to spot karl's brain fart. i missed it. from seeing some of the problems he's had with this job. i'm not surprised he's fried his grey cells. LOL.

:smilielol5:

Screwfix tells me they are available to collect next day

2 in stock at my local s fix which is only 1mile away :D

The only ones I cannot get are 10A and 20A. The others are all available within 5 miles :thumbsup

cheers for all replies yes seems screwfix have them back in now but will save the links provided above for future ref if i have difficulty in finding some again

thanks again

Reply to British General RCBO were to buy in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock