Discuss bronze package t4ts help please in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jambers

hello new to the forum and indeed electrics,however i do hold a nvq 2 in plastering with blue card etc..
the work at the moment is slow.
i was wondering if the bronze electrical package at t4ts at a cost of 2k is worth doing, would this enable someone to become a self employed domestic electrician as they state?
i can appreciate that it takes years to become a good electrician and that college and apprenticeships are the best way forward but this isnt possible for me as im 33 with a young family thanks in advance for any helpful advice jambers.

Many on this forum are not fans of these short courses, ultimately there is no substitute for practice, experience and learning from someone who knows what they are doing.
Of the qualifications they offer only the 2392 and 2382 really mean anything imho.
Have you considered evening college? It means you can still get your days work in to provide for your family and although it takes longer it will, I think, give you a better understanding.

HI jambers welcome to the forum.

Work is slow everywhere regardless of trade. Please give serious consideration as to why you are considering this move.

I have given thousands of pounds worth of plastering work away to my brother in law after I have done electrical installation work but next to nothing has come back. Have you researched every route of improving your current business before deciding to pay thousands to attempt to learn another trade? Don't get me wrong, this was my chosen route into the trade accompanied with work experience during my course but in the area that I reside I would say that plasterers are actually in more demand than electricians. So are kitchen fitters and plumbers.

I believe now since training that very few people think about the electrics until they want a socket relocated or cooker moved etc but people always want nice clean corners and smooth walls. It would also seem that Plumbers are constantly booked up regardless of it being wet or gas.

Have a serious think, there are MANY regulations in this trade that you will have to learn and adhere to. The cost of scheme membership before you even think about getting out of bed for the year will set you back approx 400 quid plus, add approx £100'ish quid for £2,000,000 minimum liability insurance and that's before yet more tools and perhaps even a larger van and don't forget this is all in the hope that you can get your foot in the same door that we are all going to also.

I'm in Bristol and welcome any competition so I do not mind offering you any help but all I ask is that you look at your wallet, think about what you are currently doing to promote your work/business and think about can you really afford to spend all the money in the HOPE that you may gain that little extra. Believe me, what you get will not be worth writing home about.

Good Luck, I wish you all the best in reaching your decision.

1SC

HI jambers welcome to the forum.

Work is slow everywhere regardless of trade. Please give serious consideration as to why you are considering this move.

I have given thousands of pounds worth of plastering work away to my brother in law after I have done electrical installation work but next to nothing has come back. Have you researched every route of improving your current business before deciding to pay thousands to attempt to learn another trade? Don't get me wrong, this was my chosen route into the trade accompanied with work experience during my course but in the area that I reside I would say that plasterers are actually in more demand than electricians. So are kitchen fitters and plumbers.

I believe now since training that very few people think about the electrics until they want a socket relocated or cooker moved etc but people always want nice clean corners and smooth walls. It would also seem that Plumbers are constantly booked up regardless of it being wet or gas.

Have a serious think, there are MANY regulations in this trade that you will have to learn and adhere to. The cost of scheme membership before you even think about getting out of bed for the year will set you back approx 400 quid plus, add approx £100'ish quid for £2,000,000 minimum liability insurance and that's before yet more tools and perhaps even a larger van and don't forget this is all in the hope that you can get your foot in the same door that we are all going to also.

I'm in Bristol and welcome any competition so I do not mind offering you any help but all I ask is that you look at your wallet, think about what you are currently doing to promote your work/business and think about can you really afford to spend all the money in the HOPE that you may gain that little extra. Believe me, what you get will not be worth writing home about.

Good Luck, I wish you all the best in reaching your decision.

1SC
thanks for the advice i have decided to undertake the training package and when completed i intend to twin electrics with my current business,
i will post back on here my experience with the training etc either way and it may encourage or not others that are in my situation thanks for all advice jambers

Reply to bronze package t4ts help please in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock