Discuss Brother PTE550W & ETouch Editor 5.2 - Attribute names not showing in transferred label editting window on E550W. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just had a bash at duplicting a PAT label so i can store it on the machine (for some god awful reason whoever they hired to make thier Cable Label Tool app didn't add in a feature to save transferred labels to the machine which is a ball ache.

I've created my label, added all the fields i need and pretty images and have made sure that each and every element has an object name (Properties -> Expanded -> Object Name) and Attribute ID (even though most of those listed don't relate to my label at all but i disgress).

I transferred the label to the name no issue and indeed the machine allowed me to view the file. When i try and edit the template on the machine however via the Edit (Not Saved) option presented on the printer I am then met with a list of blanks - On closer inspection these blanks are indeed the content elements of the label BUT for whatever reason it is opting not to give me either the Object Name or Attribute ID to tell me exactly what field is it I'm messing with.

Anyone out there had this experience? Any one have a solution (aside from the mobile app obviouisly, I'm a vain git and want to have my crappy logo on my labels ^_^

I've reached out to Brother via Twitter and to thier credit; they called me minutes later and gave the above advise over the phone, firmly in the belief this will solve my problem (I have since updated them and await thier response but i figured it can't help to ask the hive mind on here.

I also am not a twit, but did click on one link and it said:

"I initially got an PTE300 but upgraded to a E550W. A word of warning, if you upgrade the E550W to firmware 1.20 and transfer a custom label to edit on the machine, you won't see the item names. Downgraded to 1.16 and the item names are back."

I am able to access all the custom labels I have created on the P-Touch software on my laptop and print them successfully, I find the laptop software is so good I don't try to modify it on the machine itself, but I can see why you want to for PAT testing on site with machine reference numbers etc.

I am able to access all the custom labels I have created on the P-Touch software on my laptop and print them successfully, I find the laptop software is so good I don't try to modify it on the machine itself, but I can see why you want to for PAT testing on site with machine reference numbers etc.
What model & version firmware us your device? Mine relates to E550W and 1.16 bring the last firmware to show the label names, will upgrade to the latest, try again and report back.

I have the PT-E550W Software version 5:4:001, not sure of the Firmware in the unit as its 500miles away from me at the moment, but it did update itself about four months ago when plugged into the laptop.

Reply to Brother PTE550W & ETouch Editor 5.2 - Attribute names not showing in transferred label editting window on E550W. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock