Discuss BS 1363 socket circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

9.3kw
Was waiting for why. Basically there is 5 plug in appliances (totalling 9.3 KW including tea urns, coffee machines, fridge, 2x kettles which a vicar needs to be on simultaneously, once in a while. One circuit would be easier to run than two.
9.3KW
Does anyone know if its acceptable to have the ocpd of a radial circuit serving only single sockets higher than 32A ?

2 x 6mm would be the most a socket could take so probably 40A OCPD (singles in trunking).
With 9.3KW ,Ib=40.4a so In >=40a
It>=43a assuming ambient temperature is 35°c.
If you use reference method A (enclosed in conduit in an insulated wall) you are going to end up with a10mm cable which i think is expensive and difficult to terminate in a radial.
So i suggest you split the load into 2 radial circuits with Ib = 20a each wiring in 2.5mm.You can use 4mm as well with the same ref.method which is also expensive compared with the 2.5mm.

9.3kw

9.3KW

With 9.3KW ,Ib=40.4a so In >=40a
It>=43a assuming ambient temperature is 35°c.
If you use reference method A (enclosed in conduit in an insulated wall) you are going to end up with a10mm cable which i think is expensive and difficult to terminate in a radial.
So i suggest you split the load into 2 radial circuits with Ib = 20a each wiring in 2.5mm.You can use 4mm as well with the same ref.method which is also expensive compared with the 2.5mm.

Its singles in conduit run surface, 6mm singles can then handle 40A. Diversity of the appliances brings the Ib to less than 40A.

Reply to BS 1363 socket circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have had my kitchen rewired and plastered. I have had a 6mm t+e on a dedicated 32a circuit for a 60cm electric cooker. In hindsight, had i known...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm in the process of getting my qualifications and am taking on some small jobs for family to try and get some experience in. Today I was...
Replies
Views
Good Evening. I’m currently carrying out an EICR. I have a cooker circuit radial with a 32amp mcb fed from and RCD split board. There is a 45amp...
Replies
Views
Came into work today with a fairly urgent requirement to install an instant hot water handwash unit in a small commercial kitchenette/servery -...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock