Discuss Bs 7671 book which one? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just been looking on amazon to buy a regs book (BS7671) to use for reference with my 2391 studies and noticed there seems to be two ammended versions.
Are we still on the red covered 17th or now on the green covered one??

you can buy the green one. if you want the red one, there'll be a few going cheap on ebay.

I have the red one. Yuo can usually buy the ammendments seperatly but I found Guidence Note 3 (the yellow book) the best reference. The on-site guide also has a good section on inspection and testing.

The Updates are available free from the IET website, if you can get the red one cheap, Download the updates and print them off, and put them in the back of your book, will save you a few quid

Hi guys,
Just been looking on amazon to buy a regs book (BS7671) to use for reference with my 2391 studies and noticed there seems to be two ammended versions.
Are we still on the red covered 17th or now on the green covered one??

Here is an extract from a document issued to centres for information, it may help you decide

Q. Which version of the regulations should canditates use for the 2391 assessments

A Until 31 December 2011 they may answer to either the 2008 red or 2011 green version of the book
From January 2012 they must answer from 2011 1st amendment only

ive also got some past papers for 2391 if you want them, in fact i've got a shed loads of study stuff for 2391. 1.77gb of stuff in fact.

no worries buddy, i dont think they have (or are going to) release them, cant make money that way !;-)

Danny

If one was designing an installation now to be fitted before the end of this year (Big Greenie comes into force on 1/1/2012) would you design to the red book or green?

Personaly I'd use the GREENIE

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone with the green 2011 amended edition will realise why the amendments haven't and probably won't be released as a separate document, almost every page changed in some way, it just wouldn't work....

You definitely need the original green book, they are selling for cheap enough on Amazon. Best just to buy the complete Regulations and not try any short cuts. Your tutor (or training provider) should be using the updated version and if they are worth their salt, will have also changed and updated their course material to reflect the changes.

Although, for 2391 you do not actually need the Regulations (it is the Guidance Notes that are required (IEE Guidance Note 3) it is a good idea to have a copy for reference.

Reply to Bs 7671 book which one? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock