Discuss BS EN number for wylex con unit main switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

james beckford

I have just fitted new consumer unit (wylex) but absolutely no markings on the switch or the box/info sheet.

Its a standard 17th unit split load 2 rcds and 10 circuit breakers.

Any ideas

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

I would be very suspicious if there is no BS number on the isolator.

60947-3 is the correct number for the switch, and Wylex usually print it on it somewhere. The CU casing will have a different one. I have yet to come across a wylex unit, that has information missing. there is usually a set on instructions, and all the relevant info is on them. Has the box been opened prior to you gettinh hold of it.

been at the house today with the wylex c/u it's not on the inside like i first thought it was on the top of the c/u front and it does have some other info on it but it does have the bs-en 60947-3 on it as well

Thank you to everyone for the answers, found it this morning printed down the side of another wylex breaker, seemed a stupid place to put it as once unit assembled the only way to read it was to remove the breakers next to it !!

Reply to BS EN number for wylex con unit main switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
Last week I took the opportunity of having the mains power off to test the RCBOs in a Wylex Consumer Unit, fitted nearly 5 years ago, which has...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
I have a doorbell I want to install. The issue is the 16v transformer is designed to sit on a DIN rail. I have a 10 way 17th edition BG Nexus...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock