Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss BS numbers for cables in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kevster

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

ive been asked to provide the bs numbers for all cables i have used on a recent job, my cable supplier is saying that a lot of the cables do not have a bs or en numbers, i thought that you wernt allowed to sell cables without a bs or en number? can anyone shed any light on this

thanks

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
K

kevster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks lenny, should be able to get most info of there, my main concern is that i thought it was against the law to supply anything without a bs/en number?

ian.settle1

-
Mentor
Arms
thanks lenny, should be able to get most info of there, my main concern is that i thought it was against the law to supply anything without a bs/en number?

It is not against the law but if something happened with the item you have used does not have a BS/EN number it is up to you to prove that it is as equal or better than the BS/EN standard.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to BS numbers for cables in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom