Discuss Bs5839-1:2008 & bs5266-1:2005 help!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

frustrated

Hi, does anyone know where I can get copies of BS5839-1:2008 & BS5266-1:2005. I need them for my assessment on Wednesday!
If anyone can help, I'd be so grateful!!!!
Kram

OP
A

alarm man

[h=4]Who should buy it?[/h]
  • undefined
  • Risk and health and safety managers and auditors
  • undefined
  • Fire alarm engineers and inspectors
  • undefined
  • Organizations that want to update an existing fire detection and alarm system
  • undefined
  • Organization that want to implement a fire detection and alarm system.
  • Forum Member Frustrated

OP
F

frustrated

Hi, does anyone know where I can get copies of BS5839-1:2008 & BS5266-1:2005. I need them for my assessment on Wednesday!
If anyone can help, I'd be so grateful!!!!
Kram
Thanks for replies all. I guess I'll just wait and see what Wednesday brings. It seems a lot of money for something I'll need to use once or twice a year!
Kram

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
just out of interest, what assessment requires you to have these publications?

OP
F

frustrated

Niceic require •BS 5839-1:2008 •BS 5839-6:2004 •BS 5266-1:2005 •Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT) where needed. Since I have carried out PAT I have that code of practice. I have installed a fire alarm system which I have included in my assessment list using the correct standards and the on-site guide and the same with emergency lighting, but the standards where borrowed and for the assessment I am required to have a copy for each. I guess I have to bite the bullet!!

Snapester

Regular EF Member
Cant you just buy the electricians guide to fire alarms, and emergency lighting? I am with the NICEIC and i wasnt told to get the full copies! I dont think i would ever really need them.

OP
F

frustrated

Thnaks for reply, I have the electricians guide books already. Guess I'm taking the requirements too seriously. Will post any news on this after Wednesday to settle any other worried souls such as myself.

jdd

Regular EF Member
Pretty sure it is black and white. If you're doing those works you'll need the correct British standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 100 72.5%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.5%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.