Discuss BS7671 17th edition amendments in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mikeymoo

Has anybody heard when City & Guilds are bring out amendment 1 update?
My part P is ready for renewal soon and was told by Napit that i need my amendment on my 17th edition.
I said city & guilds have not released it yet?

you will need a city & guilds update for your existing 17th edition incorporating amendment 1.
just like the update from 16th to 17th edition. City & guilds have not released the exam yet but napit say i need it for next assessment! i said how! the exam isnt out yet? he couldnt give me a reply!...

what do you mean last july?? do you mean the full 17th including amendments?
if you already have 17th you dont need to take the full thing again, just the update.. which city & guilds are working on..

Oh, I see, I thought you menat the updated edition of BS 7671.

Well then you are correct, there isn't and ammendment to the 17th ed exam available.

Are you sure he wasn't talking about the book? Or getting himself confused with the book/exam?

I can't see Napit not knowing, it would be very bad for them as they wouldn't be able to pass anyone lol.

They are confused,if you already hold the 17th edition c & g qualification 2382,there is no further exam needed,sounds likes he got mixed up with the IEE bs7671 17th edition regs now the BGB.

100% thats what he was telling me. Because i said are you sure you dont mean that i need the amended literature?
I then phoned city & guilds but couldnt get through. So i then phoned a local training provider and they told me city & guilds have not yet released the updated exam yet.. I hope he's wrong! just laid out for new books, renew PL insurance, part p renewal, van mot, tax, van insurance, meter calibration etc etc.... I'm going widow cleaning.. already got the ladder!

Reply to BS7671 17th edition amendments in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net