Discuss BS7671 Artificial Intelligence App in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hiya lads.
I've made an app for Telegram that'll (hopefully) provide accurate info about the regs if you need a quick way to check tables, ratings or just about anything else in BS7671.

It's not fully ready yet - but I'd just like to do some quality control on it.
Need about 5 of you and I'll give you a years access to it for free if it ends up being good.
You just need Telegram to run it at the moment. Will make a full mobile app for android and iphone if it works well.

Currently limited to 4 goes, but pop in my DM's and I'll add you to a whitelist if you want to help test it.
Send me a message on telegram and I'll allow you access to it - my username on there is @ninjaidev

Attachments

• BS7671 Artificial Intelligence App 335943393_236194178776402_2808143975740514477_n - EletriciansForums.net
    335943393_236194178776402_2808143975740514477_n.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 32
What is the main task being automated here? Is it primarily an interactive index to find relevant content in the regs book, or is it expected to be authoritative enough to answer questions directly?

What is the main task being automated here? Is it primarily an interactive index to find relevant content in the regs book, or is it expected to be authoritative enough to answer questions directly?
I believe with enough feedback during this phase - it could absolutely be authoritative enough to answer questions directly, however, I would never market it as such and it would be sold as the former.
I've thoroughly trained it based on what it already knows and what I learnt during my time as an electrician (...I guess I'll always be a sparky, but my sciatica's that bad these days that I can't work anymore)
It's definitely smart. Aces the mock exams I've ran through it - but it's not perfect. Indecisive at times. Every time it gets corrected it grows smarter.

This sounds intriguing. Was literally wondering the other day why there isn’t a PDF version of the regs where you can search for keywords etc or any word for that matter.

I think they’re probably worried that it’ll be distributed online to thousands of people and affect the sales of the paper copies maybe?

This sounds intriguing. Was literally wondering the other day why there isn’t a PDF version of the regs where you can search for keywords etc or any word for that matter.

I think they’re probably worried that it’ll be distributed online to thousands of people and affect the sales of the paper copies maybe?
There is, mate!
Someone sent me a copy a while ago.

Any PDF copy of BS7671 made publicly available is illegal and may contain errors.
The IET do publish a searchable electronic version, at a cost of course.

How long will it take to relearn when new editions are published?

The official searchable pdf will be be updated as the go and will change instantly when new paper book is published.

Errors included.

How long will it take to relearn when new editions are published?

The official searchable pdf will be be updated as the go and will change instantly when new paper book is published.

Errors included.
So long as I know what amendments have been applied, I wouldn't assume too long. Just a case of adding some code to make it watch out for questions relating to it.
Will know for sure when I have some people to test it. Spent a long time making this - I honestly thought I'd have a lot more interest as it's blown me away, but I've had no testers yet and I'm going to heavily rely on good sparks to test.

So long as I know what amendments have been applied, I wouldn't assume too long. Just a case of adding some code to make it watch out for questions relating to it.
Will know for sure when I have some people to test it. Spent a long time making this - I honestly thought I'd have a lot more interest as it's blown me away, but I've had no testers yet and I'm going to heavily rely on good sparks to test.

To be honest I'd sooner use the official regs and guidance note books. I don't like relying on information generated by a 3rd party app from an unknown source. Not when my name is on the certificates.

No offence is intended there - I admire well written software.

I agree with @DPG

I too like well written software and even use some cable calc programs but these are idiot proof where all info is selected from dropdowns
Passing questions to an AI could lead to ambiguous results as questions can be asked in so many ways

There are problems even with the high end AI which have billions pumped into their development
And it's not always the direct answer I seek but sometimes the accompanying footnotes
For a paid app I could not rely on, there would be no benefit in using it as I would still need to buy the regs books and as DPG said for something so critical you are putting your name to, it really isn't worth the risk

I don't mean any offence, just giving my honest opinion

Reply to BS7671 Artificial Intelligence App in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock