Discuss budget accommodation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CENTRAL London is a toughy - lots of el cheapo tourist hotels to be had around Bayswater for £40-50-60 a night or you can try the backpacker hostels, but not so great if you need a decent night kips after a hard days graft.

Find a single yellow and kip in the back of the van (I've done that before!) if it's just the odd night.

Your best staying out of London and commuting in each day by train, plenty of hotels on the Bath Road Heathrow....this way the hotel will be cheaper than central London and you dont need to pay £10 congestion charge and £45 per day parking.

CENTRAL London is a toughy - lots of el cheapo tourist hotels to be had around Bayswater for £40-50-60 a night or you can try the backpacker hostels, but not so great if you need a decent night kips after a hard days graft.

Find a single yellow and kip in the back of the van (I've done that before!) if it's just the odd night.

Yes. I like.

Slept in van many of times - one time, circa 2007 i was in a carpark getting out the back of my van roughly 6:15am to be greeted by a dogwalker 1meter away from my van with a WTF look on his face.

The other 6 or 7 times were without the awkardness thankfully.

Your best staying out of London and commuting in each day by train, plenty of hotels on the Bath Road Heathrow....this way the hotel will be cheaper than central London and you dont need to pay £10 congestion charge and £45 per day parking.

Unless it's changed recently, it always used to be that you only got charged to go IN, not be there. So cross the boundary line before 7 and you can drive around all day, and for as long as you like, park up (not that there's many single yellows in the congestion zone, though!) etc etc and then just drive out several days later without it costing you a penny.

Reply to budget accommodation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net