Discuss Buglar Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

fire

i dont really want to be violent to a burglar, can anyone suggest a good quality alarm system for my home that i can wire myself? 4-6 PIR, caller, siren box etc.

the veritas 8 is a reliable system. my personal preference is the gardtec 595 with wireless sensors. easy installation and all you need is a 10 year old to do the programming.

If you are looking to use a speech dialler I would recommend using the Texecom Veritas Excel panel as it has the comms outputs

Trev

When next door moved in they were the only house on a cul de sac of 27 without an alarm / dummy box. However they came with a dirty great Doberman.

They were robbed 3 times in a year until they decided maybe an alarm might be an option. The Dobey used to hide.

the 595 has the option. 8 wired zones and/or wireless

anyone ive ever chatted too say scantronic is a good system and easy ti install..

i bought honyeywell pet tolerant kit to install in back bedroom but never bothered then..... i wil get again

anyone ive ever chatted too say scantronic is a good system and easy ti install..

Good to know there are still some die hard Scantronic fans out there since Cooper bought them up most of there kit is Menvier designs rebadged

IMO Scantronic lost their way in the 90's they hung on to the 9500 as their flagship panel too long in the belief they were the best as others overtook them and left them behind

Good to know there are still some die hard Scantronic fans out there since Cooper bought them up most of there kit is Menvier designs rebadged

IMO Scantronic lost their way in the 90's they hung on to the 9500 as their flagship panel too long in the belief they were the best as others overtook them and left them behind

im a big fan of scany,bullet proof kit,tho agree they fell behind in the race to microtech and its galaxy..

If bullet proof means building a name and a range of panels then trying to indefinitely live on it then that's Scantronic

Personally never liked them had a number of issues with kit produced by them and their tech support was unhelpful and unable to resolve them

The gen4 made by Honeywell is the old ADE panel and has been around, virtually unchanged, since time began, obviously the punters like them and they are as reliable as anything else. The price is also good.
Bottom line, a very good basic panel, which does nearly everything joe public needs

Reply to Buglar Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock