Discuss Builders eh in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wr were going to start a rewire this weekend, empty house nice, you would think, we could get all the wiring done before they start, you would think, well no not really just had a phone call, oh we've boarded the walls can you come and put your wires in? easy, you would think, well I think I'm seriously ticked off, arrogant bunch of pillocks, I'm sure they think we are just there to make them look good, and when we damage the plasterboard they will be OK about it, I think not, sorry for the rant, anyone else got any sob stories from builders?:rant::2guns:

Pete i have said it before, we are always last on the list and all the other trades seem to think that we should cater for their needs.

Electricians are the only trade that think's of others, that have to follow us, but this is probably because we are the most intelligent and can think in advance. unlike builder's who hit things with an hammer then ask questions after.

Pete i have said it before, we are always last on the list and all the other trades seem to think that we should cater for their needs.

Electricians are the only trade that think's of others, that have to follow us, but this is probably because we are the most intelligent and can think in advance. unlike builder's who hit things with an hammer then ask questions after.
Yes, but really, it makes my blood boil, if I wasn't helping a mate out I would tell them to stuff it

Thanks, but I would say it's down to the customer, the builder is a relation I think

I've lost count of the amount of times builders have dropped me in the brown stuff like this.

TBF anyone who does it knows about it ....at great length.

I've now got into the habit of explaining when I need to be there for 1st and 2nd fix and that it will be more expensive if they deviate from it.

oh yes, priced for a kitchen rewire... Nice easy job walls to be dot and dabbed and and floors out.. A shell you say... Well priced got job started week later... both floor and boards in.. " He was like erm what the difference??????""

oh yes, priced for a kitchen rewire... Nice easy job walls to be dot and dabbed and and floors out.. A shell you say... Well priced got job started week later... both floor and boards in.. " He was like erm what the difference??????""

Yeah I know mate, you hear all these tails of woe. but when it happens to you personally it mucks up your day, going to chill now, after all it,s not the end of the world is it?

Be matter of fact with customer. There is a process to construction which the builder does not understand by boarding before 1st fix electrics and plumbing. He has wasted time and materials, simple as that. No actual builder would do that. Don't work around him. Tell him you will be back when it is ready for you.

Wr were going to start a rewire this weekend, empty house nice, you would think, we could get all the wiring done before they start, you would think, well no not really just had a phone call, oh we've boarded the walls can you come and put your wires in? easy, you would think, well I think I'm seriously ticked off, arrogant bunch of pillocks, I'm sure they think we are just there to make them look good, and when we damage the plasterboard they will be OK about it, I think not, sorry for the rant, anyone else got any sob stories from builders?:rant::2guns:
even better when you are halfway through , and they "forget" to tell you , this is moved,forget the plans the client has changed there mind, yes we worked late last night, sheeted the wall, no p[roblem!!!!!!

You sound just like one of those 'Electrician vs ??' sketches on youtube. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mViO9mnCTBo

Last edited:

Reply to Builders eh in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net