Discuss building control and low energy lighting in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i have recently finished work on an extention and all is well except the guy from building control is asking for low energy lamps and i was pointed to approved document L for a definition for this. i gather it is 40 lumens per cicuit watt which is more than covered but they are asking for proof of this. ant ideas what i'm supposed to do about this as any proof went in the skip with the rest of the boxes

If the building control guy has been to the property and seen the fittings used, what more proof will they need?
Otherwise, download and print out the data sheets on the lighting from the manufacturers website.

Different building controls require different things its not the same for all areas thats another thing you find for eg Oxford labc require all outside lighting to be only op at night (dark) and to inc a dawn to dusk setup ! wish there was one rule and thats it ! i know its not in relation to the op but just shows the different requirements.
Hope you get it sorted Opm electrical !
Regards
Kung.

There is an article in Wiring Matters on the IET site covering this, but directional lighting e.g. halogen spots are classed as energy efficient as they direct the light in the desired direction.

Reply to building control and low energy lighting in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
D
Low bay light fitting used but checked and tested with new 85 watt spiral lamp, equivalent to 425 watt, using 80% less energy 6390 lumen, warm...
Replies
Views
DanielSon
D
"Hello All", As this might be seen as an insignificant `problem` I tried to post this in the DIY section but there was no `New Thread` button...
Replies
Views
T
Hi haven't done new build for a while last time I done one it was 25 % low energy and fitting could only use low energy lamps, I know it's 75 %...
Replies
Views
SirKit Breaker
S
D
Hello all I'm confused about Part L and the light fittings required for a domestic loft extension. I'm aware that a certain number of the...
Replies
Views
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock