Discuss building inspectors in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Been having trouble with our own house here are some of the things you would never believe
First day we had water running down the walls contacted the council and the inspector said
" we have had a lot of rain and wind the last few days I am not surprised "
Is it not a requirement these days that our houses are wind and water tight ?
On Monday had him back to assess the damage and he never even took the top off the probes of his damp detector just touched it on the walls and ceiling and said aww it's drying out fine. I was like you what
He then spoke to the builders and said he was happy at how the work was going do these guys look at nothing ?
The counter battens and tiling battens are nailed only to the sarking boards not to the roof joists I would have laughed but its my home so complained with pictures and letter I wish I could share the lot with you but can't post here yet I am sure you know the type lol fingers crossed we won't see him again unless for an apology hope this is a one off let's hear your stories ?

well i think this guy might be the minority or even a one off, all the ones i have seen at least check that it's ok, and every one of them definetly pulls me up on something every time!

so why did you get BC involved in the first place?

Reply to building inspectors in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everybody. We had a Texecom system installed 3 years ago. Earlier this year we had a battery problem and the installer came back and changed...
Replies
Views
I recently sold my Renault Trafic as it had done 214,000 miles and I also wanted something more economical. I bought the Citroen Berlingo LWB. A...
Replies
Views
I found myself needing to do some emergency plumbing at home this evening. I've got a small guest flat on my property which has been empty for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently had an EICR done at my property which unfortunately was unsatisfactory. So the electrican advised a new fuseboard from BG General...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock