Discuss Bulb screw rusted into socket anyone got a fix? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dragon-av

odd one bathroom light fiitng at home has 2 bulbs, one blew, fair renough, went to replace it (missus was moaning light was too dim for make up application :confused: )

And the bulb glas was whole in the bottom of the fitting (GET Luneta, IP44) how odd i dont want to replace fitting as it was painted round but have no idea how to replace the bulb, I assume the bulb holders arent available seperately as they arent standard and will probably cost more than the fitting...

othe bulb holder is fine surely an IP44 fitting should not rust likt this?

Attachments

• Bulb screw rusted into socket anyone got a fix? GET light 003 - EletriciansForums.net
    GET light 003.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Bulb screw rusted into socket anyone got a fix? GET light 004 - EletriciansForums.net
    GET light 004.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Bulb screw rusted into socket anyone got a fix? GET light 002 - EletriciansForums.net
    GET light 002.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Bulb screw rusted into socket anyone got a fix? GET light 005 - EletriciansForums.net
    GET light 005.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
odd one bathroom light fiitng at home has 2 bulbs, one blew, fair renough, went to replace it (missus was moaning light was too dim for make up application :confused: )

And the bulb glas was whole in the bottom of the fitting (GET Luneta, IP44) how odd i dont want to replace fitting as it was painted round but have no idea how to replace the bulb, I assume the bulb holders arent available seperately as they arent standard and will probably cost more than the fitting...

pics coming
Cut the power and try using a long nose pliers on it, if that fails use a big hammer:D

Last edited by a moderator:
bit of wd40 to loosen up the rust.... then a pair of long nose pliers to twist out the lamp base, then a fibre pencil to clean up the contacts.. easy:p

I would always use the long nose pliers technique also, I also find that if you tweak the thread clockwise before you try to remove the offending item often the thread comes out easier. Why this is I don't know but it definitely makes the thread come out more easily. :D

well got it out wasnt too bad to do this morning when it was easier to see, WD40 and some long nose pliers got it done thanks chaps

Reply to Bulb screw rusted into socket anyone got a fix? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock