Discuss Bulb type identification in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Buzzy

Hello everyone, please help to identify this type of a LED bulb.. I got it from my Philips desk lamp and want to change it to a similar one but with a warmer light as this one has a very cold white.
Spent an hour on ebay and still can't figure it out.. Thanks

Attachments

• bulb.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 43
Just a Disc PCB with 8 LEDs and its own Connector. So i think if you want Warmer LEDs you will have to Make the Board yourself and by the LEDs, pinch the connector, and you could easy drill in 4 holes to screw it down with

That sort of bulb is not intended to be removed from the fitting.
ruston's idea is the easiest.

If you really want to get a replacement then just buy one from China, you would need to be sure of the voltage that is supplied to the board.
Overall the number of chips is only relevant to light output.
If you search for the precise dimensions of the board and the voltage then get any suitable one and solder on the existing lead, if not supplied.

Richard its a smd led, very easy to unsolder, heat it a it will slide off the board

Richard its a smd led, very easy to unsolder, heat it a it will slide off the board
Think about what level the OP is at, we do not know , he may not like soldering. Buying a similar one for ÂŁ2 and plugging it in maybe easier than buying eight LED chips for ÂŁ0.56 and soldering them.
I know it would be be easiest for you, and possibly even me but...
I still think a yellow filter over the lamp would be easiest.

I think the sneaky sods have just used the circuit board with the SMD's on it from a standard MR16 or maybe an MR11 LED down-light lamp and just soldered a short lead and plug onto it.

images.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh well guys.. so many options. thanks for such a variety!

tazz, I have no tools for soldering.. so it is not an option..

Ordering a replacement from China is the most complicated option I guess as again, I would have to solder a cord, etc.

As to Lighting filters, how do they work? do you just add it on your bulb screen? I have a small desk lamp here, so maybe this filter won't fit..?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the diameter of the disk? Can you measure it?

Buzzy, pm me for address, send me the unit and I will solder new smd warm leds, as a forum good will gesture.

Make sure you get the right size smd package measure originals with rapids data sheet.

Just out of interest are you sure it's the lamp that's faulty and not the driver?

Reply to Bulb type identification in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net